Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Williamsburg Course Update Options
East4dg
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2007 8:35:13 PM

Thanks fellas! Pleas for volunteers is greatly appriciated.

I understand that this course is on the fringe and most of the people mistakenly grap their bag instead of the
chainsaw or rake once they've made the drive.

GCFDA guys did such a great job on blazing a path up would be #14, our parks committee wanted to dedicate
a defibrillator to Bob, Paul, Phil and the rest. As it has turned out making it a down shot was a little cheaper!

Anyone that shows up wanting to help should consult the park info board near upper parking lot. The back side
has a Task Assignment List (TAL) as well as a detailed trail map for holes 9-14. These have just been added and need
a little TCL (Texas chainsaw lovin) to be eady for the BMC at the end of month. Observe the 3inch rule for tree
removal and absolutly no vines are to be cut. Bring plenty of C4 for the honeysuckles though.

To access the hill, enter the opening next to old # 2 (now 17 but Mach II says 7) cross the small stream and up the hill.
Not quite to the top, you'll encounter an area where the 5 trails converge as shown on the Trail Map. From the upper
parking lot it takes about 5 minutes to walk to these 5 points where #9 tee is located. Reviewing the TAL prior to making
hike should eliminate any confussion abbout what county or state you just walk into and should make for a pleseant
brush clearing experience! Bring gloves, water jug and nitro pills and you'll be OK!

Camera phones for catching vagrants and vandels, nice! Hotline number...490-8073, priceless. :tombstone
M_Boland
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2007 5:02:35 AM

Hello...

"Observe the 3inch rule for tree
removal and absolutly no vines are to be cut"

On hole 7, those vines need to go. There is no gap to throw at. Other than that, Brain and I can help out in the morning. Can we just look at the TAL list and go from there? We know not to cut trees down and not to cut anything over 4 inches and vines of course. Please let me know if we can come up in the mornings and help. We are thinking Thurs or Fri morning of this week. Thanks
M_Boland
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2007 5:03:33 AM

Just noticed, can't cut trees down that are more than 3 inches??
bobherb
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2007 7:57:57 AM

If the vines are not cut, many large trees will be lost to the life sucking power of the vines. Vines should be the FIRST thing to be removed.
East4dg
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2007 8:09:59 AM

Yes. Thursday & Friday. yes!
I can e-mail you the TAL and trail map before you go.
Also, if you have pickup and want fire wood we have access
from from 133 if its dry.
I'll be routing new hole number signs this week and should have all
Tee post in place and marked clearly.
The serpentine trail down 14 fairway is pick-madix & shovel work.
There are yellow handle tools staged near that hole so don't bring any.

Graci
East4dg
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2007 8:18:44 AM

If Tarzan don't mind,
Then cut the vine.

Bob would know.

We want to keep them for
some big wreaths for the villages Christmas walk.
Those that were cut earlier have been oozing a white
gooey substance.

We need a hole sign source!

Chow
M_Boland
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2007 9:05:39 AM

Hello Chris
The only reason why I mention the vine is because I have played up there with several people (who play lots of courses in Ohio and other states) and all agree that vine should be cut down. Obviously....that is up to you and the people who are putting in the course. NOTHING will be cut down unless given the OK by the approprate individual(s) who are putting the course in.
Please email the TAL when you get the chance: michael_boland_@hotmail.com
this way Brian and I can make sure we are doing what exactly needs to be done.
Thanks and I hope Brian and I can do some damage up there this week and get this course ready!!
have a good day
East4dg
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007 5:25:04 AM

Big day yesterday on the hill. I can barely walk!. Watched 2timer and Jeff V come through 3 times while we were working.
Alot had happened in those two hour intervals. Big focus now is 14 fairway. Still double black diamond but on it's way to
blue square designation. Hope to see Mike B. and brian out today for a session. # 8 approach is growing fangs and need major
weed-ars-woopin. Nedle weed springing up on 7, nasty.

diracell
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2007 9:59:32 AM

vines were cut down on #8. makes a nice opening to the basket!
East4dg
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2007 11:53:03 AM

Work on 13 B & C holes to begin this weekend!
M_Boland
Posted: Friday, June 01, 2007 4:19:49 AM

do you have any plans for hole 14. Maybe add the dog leg over the creek to the right? then the next hole would have a the dog leg to the left. two dog legs for a lefty and a righty. :-) What are your plans with 13 B and C? making the tee pad back further? The people who played the course in the BMC were very pleased on the courses looks and play
finnhawc
Posted: Friday, June 01, 2007 7:34:58 AM

I think they go off to the left of the current tee-pad. From what Chris was describing they might be pretty cool additions to the course. I just can't wait until the bridge is built to get rid of silly #'s 9 & 11 and play across that ravine.
discnforfun
Posted: Friday, June 01, 2007 3:05:48 PM

Is there a map of new course layout? Are all the baskets in now or were there just temps for the tournament?
East4dg
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2007 6:03:08 AM

Will put maps in olive jug mounted to park board. 13 a will be on private property adjacent to 13 tee. It will have a seperate tee
some 120' behind current 13 T. It will play to the south thru woods and over knoll, basket will not be visable from Tee. !3 b Tee
will shoot off of elevated deck back up to current 13 basket. Essentially these two will be private/club only holes and not for play
by general public. That means join our club or be truspassing.