Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Wilson Park Options
middletown
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 6:24:35 AM

We have survived the bulldozing of Wilson Park, which now needs renamed. A new map has been drafted and we're working on getting that out to the public.

There are 9 purple tees. We've added atleast 100 ft. average per pole and redirected the course to optimize trees. The city must plant or destroy it's tree in the tree nursery. This is now going to happen at our park. Any trees too old in the nursery come October are given to us. Should make course very interesting in four to five years, let alone ten to twenty.

Have 6 red tees for beginners, three black tees from old layout for extra shot diversity. Most make up a back nine when course is empty. Thanks to Turtle Creek and soon Monroe, course is generally vacant except for local teenagers.
benburton_gmfdc
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2007 6:49:08 PM

The course is complete, weekly leagues start may 1st at 5:30-6:00, all nine baskets are in with alternate pins and tees, red tees are short, purple tees are long, black tees are ridiculous, any questions about leagues call me, 513-423-8427
middletown
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007 6:38:12 AM

I have set a course out using all 18 tees. This course may not be safely playable if crowded, but it will be used to set course record. It is basically a way to play all 18 w/ minimum walking.
First play 1-4 red tees, then black 5, red 7, purple 8, black 9 and purple 1. For back nine play purple 2-4, then black 2, red 5, purple 6,7, and 9! Finish on puprle 5, which will put you no where near the parking lot or tee 1, but leaves room for a playoff, purple 7 to basket 9!!

Map is in the works!! Dam artist!!
middletown
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 7:53:58 AM

WE NEED A NAME FOR THIS COURSE. I beleive we're going for Euclid Heights. New layout, new name.
middletown
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 7:57:20 AM

I cannot stress how much the new layout plays the use of our giant full grown trees out at park. Only Oxford has utilized it's trees this way, maybe Riffle near play ground. Please come play and let people know, it's worth a visit or two. Especially if introducing new players, bringing a girlfriend, or rec players in general. We've cleared out the thorn bushes and cleared out the over/under growth. No more hunting for discs!!
If you've played course, please comment good or bad, we'd like to make this an player friendly as possible!!
Nick B.
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 6:38:37 PM

I took the liberty of playing the new course and enjoyed it. I think you did a great job of making it more challenging than the original layout. For those who don't reference this site, they may have difficulty knowing what the different colored posts are and that the same teeoff spots are used for holes 4 and 6? - I think. Can't remember if you have a message board to state this or not? But overall, great job with what was available.
PaulDmt
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2007 3:21:59 AM

If a map is made, please forward and I'll update the Wilson course page.
benburton_gmfdc
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2007 1:12:56 PM

I set the course record at 48, -6. come beat it. I take all challengers at wilson. pro or am, bring it on.
middletown
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2007 7:08:26 AM

Hell yeah!
dhbroncos
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2007 7:34:14 PM

wilson park should be renamed
i would think

HIGHVIEW GOLF DISC PARK
PLAYED THERE SEVERAL TIMES

LOVE IT
\LITTLE CROWDED TEE 3 TO CLOSE TO #2 BASKET
dhbroncos
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2007 8:25:03 PM

does wilson park play on tuesday's
if so time and how much $
let me know
david
middletown
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 8:03:00 AM

Ben Burton runs an Ace Fund, trying to reestablish our leagues. We've been doing Tuesdays for five years now, but it's been real inconsistent w/ construction. It's $4 to play for plastic. $1 for Ace Fund. You can either or both, a lot of rec players just play for free or Ace Fund. Ace will be worth over $80 starting next week. Had started at six, but I think that is being pushed back due to summertime.