Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Dayton or Gulley Options
Ryan Ruef
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 11:56:22 AM

i was planning on driving about an hour to dayton to play one of their courses. Or i could drive 40 minutes to gulley which i have never played. Is it worth the extra 20 minute drive to dayton to play one of their courses(and if so which one) or should i just play at gulley? Thanks for any reply.
Sweetriver
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 2:06:44 PM

I played the Gulley this past weekend at Blakely's tournament. I had never played there either but I was very impressed. Its a really nice course and a lot of fun. If you've played Dayton before, I would reccommend stopping at the Gulley and playing a couple of rounds there.
Ryan Ruef
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 3:00:56 PM

Thanks, never played any dayton courses, but will be sure to stop at gulley.
rangel
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 5:55:27 AM

I played Indian Riffle (Dayton) for the first time Friday and Gulley (first time) on Sunday. Both play to almost the same length overall. Both play a variety. Both are a good time. Indian Riffle will play flatter and the walks (between holes) are longer. You will need a map to play Indian Riffle and you will need to play it before 5:00 pm. Gulley will play more elevation changes and will play a bit harder. I would take a map to Gulley, but you may get around just fine. I would also take my water or Gatorade to Gulley as there is nothing close to the park.

I haven't played any other courses in Dayton. We played Indian because of the Kettering Skate Plaza.

It's more than an hour for me either way. If I were going back for a second time and had no other agenda items (inlines or skateboards or Kings Island), I think I would go back and play Gulley again.