Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Courses that are worth the drive Options
Cincy Kid
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2007 8:51:50 AM

I live in Finneytown and have been playing disc golf for over 5 years now. I enjoy playing at Winton Woods (5 min to the North), Harbin (15 min to the Northwest), Heritage (20-25 min to the Northwest), and Mt. Airy (15 min to the Southwest). While I know that these are probably the closest courses to where I live, I'd like to know if there are any other courses that are not too far away (less than a 30 min drive) that are worth checking out.
Rob J
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2007 4:02:27 PM

LStephens
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2007 5:12:29 PM

Idlewilde was freaking beautiful today. I had already played Boone in the heat of the day and decided to shoot one round at Idlewilde and is there a better DiscGolf Heaven anywhere? I shot an 81 and hurt some trees badly..and I do apologize to my wooded friends as they should know I wasn't aiming for them...but the course was in the best condition I can remember in many months. I actually took a 3 on 11 with the new basket placement and I think it makes it easier for me since I don't have to worry about the OB past the basket on a missed put...the OB behind the current basket is high enough that it doesn't really come into play for me. So....if you are from Cincy and you've never had your wild Idled...then what the winnie the pooh are you waiting for?
berto
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2007 1:20:17 AM

Quote:
Cincy Kid - 8/12/2007 11:51 AM

I live in Finneytown and have been playing disc golf for over 5 years now. I enjoy playing at Winton Woods (5 min to the North), Harbin (15 min to the Northwest), Heritage (20-25 min to the Northwest), and Mt. Airy (15 min to the Southwest). While I know that these are probably the closest courses to where I live, I'd like to know if there are any other courses that are not too far away (less than a 30 min drive) that are worth checking out.

cincy kid you say it best when you said worth the drive....... idlewilde, banklick ,boone woods , aj. jolly, to the south all within 30 min or so deppending on time of day / traffic...... to the north monroe park, turtle creek, and gully are all cool.... plus the ones you already mentioned....... also on the east woodland mound is is a great midrange course ..... 35 min or so from you..... to me nothing is cooler than playing in new places, some of the dayton courses are way cool, like belmont , thats one of my favorites... don't try it at rush hour.... it's also close to hazy shade, another disc store, not as cool as disc n dat, but way cooler than play it again or the like.....
Cincy Kid
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2007 5:02:40 PM

Thanks for the info. everyone... Looks like there's about a dozen or so more courses within 30-45 min. of me. Seems like I'll just have to use up a little gas to get to all of them.
mikejenkins1
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2007 5:09:33 PM

Our goal has been to play as many as we can. We have been to Harbin, Heritage, Miami Whitewater, Gulley, Turtlecreek, Winton Woods, Woodland Mound, Boone Park, Banklick and want to do more. Would love to visit all the local courses. It is a great sport.
mikejenkins1
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2007 5:10:35 PM

Oh yeah, and we have played Mt Airy as well. There are some really challenging courses and some just plain fun ones.