Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

farewell cincinnati............. Options
berto
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2007 5:14:58 PM

Some of you know and some probably don't know that my girlfriend claire and I are expecting a baby boy this December. We are really excited about it!! Also we are moving to Hollywood California... Claire grew up there and we are moving to be close to her family... So it's kind of bitter sweet for me.... I am stoked on living in cali, and I can't wait to play new courses and all... However cinci is my home... also I will miss the many people I have come to know and be friends with over the last two years. I have enjoyed the times I have had with you guys on and off the course... I will definitely be back to hit up a random bowling green , pig , or disc n dat..... I hope that some of you guys come hit a west coast tourney with me too..... so the pig this weekend will be it for me.... I did want to have a big going away party, but I just don't have the time or money to plan and make it happen..... So to all that I don't see at the pig, farewell, and farewell cincinnati !!!!!!!
next stop :palm wave
bobherb
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2007 6:17:56 AM

Happy travels Berto - it was good knowing you for the short time you were involved with Cincinnati disc golf. May California suit you well!
BIGBOY
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2007 2:40:23 PM

Good luck with everything from the new kid to your golf game. I am sure I will see you again.......till then.......tata..... my friend. It was good while it lasted. Keep us all posted via the message board how things are going and tournaments that we should come out to play.

kuhns
berto
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 1:55:55 AM

thanks guys! Congrats john, hope all is well with the baby, and I will keep in touch.....

Also I am thinking about getting an informal mini tourney together as a way to hang out with everyone again before I leave.... Probably Idlewild..... I will post it when I have figured out when......
berto
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2007 1:53:43 PM

well I played my last banklick for a while today and was hoping to get a little event together but my knee is still a more serious problem than I thought it would be at this point.... So I think that I have too just stop playing for a good chunk of time to let it heal.... so it's not looking too good for another outing... I will be back to play a tourney soon ..... If anyone would be able to lend us a hand loading up the truck on the 13 or 14th next week I would be greatful.... let me know with a pm or call me........ thanks.... Wish us luck ............... - berto
LStephens
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2007 9:19:05 PM

Nice playing with ya today Berto...hope that ankle and knee get better. You'll have to log back in and tell us about the disc golf community L.A.