Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Amelia 9 Options
AFM
Posted: Saturday, August 19, 2006 6:30:34 PM

Hello all.
New in town. Played the Winton Woods course last night and the Amelia '9' this afternoon.
I am amazed at how short these courses are. The Walnut Grove 9 hole course in Minnesota totals 2750 ft. I totalled the Amelia course to be 2190 ft. I don't have the Winton Woods details, but I think it is shorter yet. What the WW course lacks in distance, it makes up for in trees. I collected a lot of dings in my discs last night.
The only score I have seen reported for the Amelia course was 40. I played eighteen holes there today (second half twice) for a total of 51. I aced the 8th hole the second time through.
All for now.

Mark
AFM
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2006 12:23:39 PM

Thanks for the historical background on the Amelia course.
I agree it makes the best of the available space, and is well maintained.
As to the Frisbee VS current disc comparison, it is much like comparing an older recurve bow to the new compound bow gizmos.

AFM
M_Boland
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2007 2:52:59 PM

hi Paul, I sent you an email. Congards to (what looks like Pete and Matt at BG Open)
M_Boland
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 8:34:46 AM

Paul, I'm hitting up the next meeting at Amelia. I have pictures, layout, and small presentation to be presented.
TheBestKeith
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2007 10:26:50 AM

After playing a round up at Amelia yesterday, I was stopped by someone claiming to be with the Parks Recreation Dept, and was asked for my input on the course.  Apparently they have a little cash to put into the course, and I was looking for ideas.  I believe teesigns should be first priority.  They have the posts in the ground already, and therefore wouldn't be too much of a hassle to add the signs.  Of course, teepads would be nice as well.  By the way, what are the correct dimensions for a teepad?  I don't think relocating the baskets is the answer to the courses lack of difficulty.  For those of you who have created your own layout and choose to play that way, more power to you.  But my opinion is to keep the baskets where they are.  Overall, I think they are just looking for ways to increase popularity of the course, whether it be pros or recreational players.  TIA for the input and opinions all.
BIGBOY
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2007 11:24:46 AM

Who has played this course? I might have to stop by and see what it is about on the way to play Williamsburg.
2Timer
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2007 4:59:10 PM

It's 9 holes in an open field. Not worth the drive unless you are right down the street. I personally love it because it is perfect practice area. I throw practice drives from the parking lot to hole 1 which is right at 400'. Jeff V and I have about a dozen different 18 hole layouts that we play to help our game. We never play the 9 hole layout that is there. If you want to stop there sometime let me know and I will try to meet you there. You would like out newest layout. Come see if you can beat that course record.