Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Disc golf bags? Options
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 11:24:16 AM

I am currently carrying a soft cooler, to hold all my discs in. But now that I have invested in about 20 discs, in the past few months, i need a bag that can carry all of them. Does anybody have any preference in bags, or any advice on which bag i should think about getting?
Also, if anybody has a used bag that holds about 20 discs, and they want to get rid of it, let me know, i will buy it off you. Just let me know price!!!
Kool Keith
Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 12:24:12 PM

If you got the money, Revolution Carolina bag would be the last bag you'll ever have to buy.

If you don't, save up for one. You'll go through at least 1 Innova, Lightning, or PDGA bag per year if you play a lot.

I hear good things about the Gateway bags too, but my experience is purely with Revo. Best bag I've ever carried.

BIGBOY
Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 7:46:53 PM

You can not go wrong with the Gateway bags or the Revolution bag. Keith is a little excited about Revo bags. Don't think it will be the last bag you ever buy. You will probably get about 5 years out of a gateway or revolution bag. Keith is right though, you will go through lighting, innova, etc in about a year or one season if you play on regular basis. The good bags are expensive though, expect to pay$100 for a good bag.
zuberx6
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2007 7:51:22 PM

I played a tournament with a young man that had the Camo Carolina bag it looked really nice. He had alot of stuff in there besides his many disc. I'm currently just using a small 10-12 disc bag but, the better i get I see the need to carry more disc that do different things for me. I for sure want the "Backpack type" straps on it
zuberx6
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 1:54:19 PM

Well I got a carolina bag from the wife for christmas and I can say that it is a nice bag construction wise. I have played about three rounds with it and find it very user friendly. The single shoulder strap while nicely padded and a grip pad on top still slides off my shoulder while walking. I just ordered the new Quad shocks from what I have read these should make a nice addition to the bag.
Dragon
Posted: Saturday, January 05, 2008 3:59:16 PM

Keith, Who is the manufacturer of the revolution disc golf bag and, how much does one cost? I was searching web sites under revolution disc golf bags but, all I found was the less than desired ones. By the way, it's not for me but, someone I know.
LStephens
Posted: Saturday, January 05, 2008 5:41:38 PM

I'm not Keith but... http://www.discgolfer.com/ For the Revo bags. If you want the digi camo...sometimes it is difficult to find the options when you select what you want. The bags are great...the customer service is good unless you actually want some human response to emails or phone. All prices are on the site.
Dragon
Posted: Saturday, January 05, 2008 6:18:42 PM

Thanks Lee
agentdozzer
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 4:46:52 PM

I have played for ten years now and do not see how people can have a bag of disc. I have a star teebird and a Rhyno. Over the years i used to have a bag and found myself thinking okay on this hole ill use this one and this hole this one, but i found that if i just use to i am more focused on the shot and not the disc. I know alot of you will diagree with it but it works for me, and who likes carrying a bag?
Touringam2
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:00:45 PM

Aside from discs, it's nice not to have your pockets full of misc. things.
Wallet, keys, phone etc.

Add a towel and a drink, and I don't see how anyone can not use a bag.
agentdozzer
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:35:12 PM

Just wondering how many different disc would you say you use in a round? That should be a survey question.
frizgolf
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:40:54 PM

Depends on the course, I suppose.
Actually I carry 20 in my bag. I'm pretty much covering all the shots I anticipate seeing over the total of all the area courses. Every once in a while a new disc supplants an old one, but the same 20 pretty much stay there on every course I see in the area.
finnhawc
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:51:49 PM

Disc bags can be security blankets for some of us disc golfers. What if I need this kinda scenario. I use three to ten different discs depending on the course. I do like somewhere to misplace my things as well.
NEngle
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 7:08:55 PM

I use both of my discs every round.
LStephens
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2008 1:38:22 AM

Well my game stinks so I try them all until one works. I actually just bought two 32oz gatoraide holders with quadshocks...the 12-14 disc capacity was just gravy. If you play Woodland or Winton you really only need your putter...so I can see where a bag wouldn't make sense. However, I get a little strange on my game. I use a putter for 15 feet and less, 1 putter for 15-60 feet out, and 1 putter or star cro for that 100 foot shot. I have a max weight Buzz and a lighter Buzz. I have an understable driver, an overstable driver, and a somewhat straight driver. I have a max weight and light weight Predator for side arm shots. I have a flippy beast for side arm 'getting out of the crud' shots. I have a forehand roller disc. I have a back hand roller disc. That's 14 I think...I probably have two more shoved in there for no good reason. When these don't work..which they never do...I go to my car...open the trunk and swap them out with another dozen or so.