Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Ice Hockey at Banklick Options
Jokerman
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2008 10:28:36 PM

Hope this is the right spot. Forgive me if otherwise or have a Mod move it. I really don't know but had such a unique exp I had to pass it on. Sure some of you vets have had this happen. Was at Banklick the other day after the snow, ice, snow, sunshine couple days we had. Unknown to me it created some interesting ground to work with. Basically the ground was like a hockey ring. My discs would hit and slide. Mostly downhill and away from the basket. I had a few great shots that would have been a solid par (good for me) and one potential birdie. But the shot would hit and slide down. It was one part fun and one part frustration. But it made me want to ask about your worse playing conditions. This for me was challenging. Even deep snow would seem easier. I would think the only thing that would be worse than playing on ice would be high winds.
soundmind
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2008 9:44:16 AM

how bout same icecrust ,perfect 4 long slides on top of 3 ft snow .if you spike your disc it could cut thru and skip somewherez under the ice crust away from your slit. winter in traverse city sukz without a sno mobile
soundmind
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2008 10:03:58 AM

this sight has sum bugz