Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Semi New Club Member Options
Lingo1976
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2008 1:30:48 AM

I need to vent some ideas for a sec so bare with me.....

My name is Jason Kerl as many of you know and many of you do not. I live about 2 miles away from Banklick and have most of my life. I have been playing disc golf for most of my 31 years. My home course in my early teens was the "Original Banklick" which resides where Fox Run Ball Golf Course is now. I remember playing Pioneer Park at a very young age and remember Limaburg Park as well. When I became old enough to drive I bought a Disc Golf Course Directory and it was all over. I hit pretty much every course in KY, OH, IN, WV, VA, TN, IL, and have played at least one course in 29 states I think. OK that is my background...

About a year ago I found out about the GCFDA and went to my first meeting. I have attended every quarterly meeting since. I go to the meetings and I don't say much. But, I do listen and I still love it. Most of you can beat me on your worst day, but I don't care.........and that is what this club has to aim at. We need to go after everyone. How have I played disc golf in the Greater Cincy area and just now heard about this club 2 yrs ago? To many people have never heard of the sport, and even less have heard of the club. Get what I'm sayin?

This brings me to "The 2010 Pro Worlds". Three years ago I didn't even know this even existed. So I would love to see it here. I'm passionate about the sport so I would like to help as much as I can. I have read and heard almost every Pro and Con there is on the subject. lol What this club needs is to raise money but I think that some money needs to be spent on advertising. This club needs to get its name out to the public for people like me who just loves the sport. I think many angles can be hit for some lite spending. That GCFDA banner..........hang it up at a different course each week or something but get our name OUT THERE. Print up some flyers............ Where can I buy a GCFDA t-shirt? I'd like to buy one if they exist. If not we need some. I have a couple GCFDA vouchers where do I redeem them at?

Do you understand what I'm throwin out here? GOOD

You need to get to the papers that have a "Things to do" section. Let people know about your upcoming events! Get Ahold of ICN 6 for a news bit?

Something-Anything...........

Now that I'm done venting for a sec........... I think all of you are great. lol You share the same passion for the sport that I do and that is great. Once I can get a different work schedule I will be at more of the events. I Promise.

Currently, I have been bartending at Rafferty's in Florence for 8 yrs. So if you ever need a good drink stop on by. On that note: I think that someone from this club needs to get ahold of someone from Rafferty's Inc. Could be a good sponsor for us and others. There are 18 Rafferty's total. Mostly in cities that have good disc golf scenes(Florence, Nashville, Knoxville, Lexington, Louisville, Athens GA, etc.) And their home office is in Bowling Green, KY. Could also be a possible place for a meeting on Monday nights or maybe provide some food. Let me know.

"It's a small world after all................ It's a small world after all!"

J-son

JASONKERL@INSIGHTBB.COM
Sweetriver
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2008 3:20:19 AM

the club is quite frugal. if there's a way to make money without spending then i'm sure there'll be lots of support. Otherwise its a trial. Club t shirts is a great example. It was proposed last year and shot down unceremoniously. As far as the worlds coming to cincinnati, its hard to believe that the majority of club members wouldn't get behind that. I for one would like to see my hometown recognized for the great disc golf available. I look forward to hosting the worlds out here because I think we can make it happen.
FattyJ
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2008 11:48:24 AM

I agree with sweetriver
13ruce-1337
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2008 12:03:59 PM

Also agreed .. worlds is a good idea ..
Lingo1976
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2008 4:08:07 PM

I agree that I would like to see the worlds here, but that is not what this thread was mainly about.

It's about the fact that sometimes you need to spend some money to gain more money. If more people know about the club the more members you will get which will bring in more money. Yes there are free ways to get the name out there and those need to be looked at more also. As for things such as the shirts I'm not saying get some made and give them away. Have them available to purchase. Or as someone said at the last meeting "We need to raise the membership fee". So then raise it $10 and include a shirt in the membership or something. Then we make a little bit of money and also get the name out there a little more.
Liz
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2008 4:58:00 PM

At the last meeting we discussed ordering club shirts (nice polo ones w/ the new logo), we all agreed to do it, I'm working on an order form now and the club will be buying extra for those who want to order at a later date.  The idea that was shot down was ordering t-shirts for the CCS, specific to a year.  The club is frugal because we don't generate TONS of money throughout the year.  There are some great ideas, please feel free to bring them up at the next meeting, which will hopefully be at a more condusive environment. 
Gaehl, we are still waiting for your club dues, any year here....