Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Factory Seconds Options
Jokerman
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2008 10:41:45 PM

With a family and other obligations I am always trying to find ways to get a good deal and at the same time get a good product. I am sure many of you understand.

What do you all think about Factory Seconds? I have looked at a few on some sites but they may not be telling me the whole story. Is it just a matter of the stamp being wrong on it or are we talking an outright defect that would make performance suffer?

What other ways have you all found to get the best deals?
LStephens
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:05:34 AM

I find the biggest way to get cheap plastic is to bag my ass off. Just buy in low as a Rec player...come in first..and get $40 of plastic for your $10 buyin...plus you get rated rounds. But seriously. I've thrown some X-outs that were nothing but a double stamp...I mean it just doesn't look perfect because the stamp was done twice...who cares? I'm throwing it straight into a tree anyway. I've thrown other X-outs with a small airbubble in the plastic. It is inside..thus not causing a pockmark on the top or bottom..just a tiny little bubble... WHO CARES?? The only thing I've found negative about some X-outs is that the weight will be wildly different than listed..but if you have some postal scales like most of us do now...just throw them up there and with a sharpie write what the true weight is.
13ruce-1337
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 2:37:42 AM

and you can thank your local weed smoker for having the idea to begin with .. thanks weed guys
mikekem
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:00:12 AM

I've bought Innova X-outs before and they always seem to function perfectly. Most of the time I can't even figure out why they were X'd out. Sometimes I'll noticed a bubble in the rim but that still doesn't effect the disc's flight.