Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Burnett CC Options
Liz
Posted: Thursday, June 01, 2006 5:12:48 AM

We are in need of 10 baskets for the Burnett CC, I can bring one, I need 9 more. Please post if you can bring any. thanks
2Timer
Posted: Thursday, June 01, 2006 10:59:32 AM

I completely agree though this would require alot of cooperation from many people. There is no reason that we can not have something like the Fabulous Florida Tour where the top pro is making $10,000 a year not even leaving the state to play. All tourneys are scheduled on different weekends and it is an actual "Tour" where at the end the top "Tour" points leaders get added bonus money that is held back from each of the tournaments leading up to the final points being tallied. This may or may not work here, but I do agree that much more can be done. A regional CCS would be good also. It would bring more pros to one area and hopefully not have a situation like Oxford where we had 6 open players.
Joe Rott
Posted: Thursday, June 01, 2006 4:22:10 PM

One negative to a "regonal/state" series is that you take a chance getting less players, especially the novices. I for one would only be able to make the cincy ones. I have not yet gone to a Dayton BID because it is just to far to drive for a day tourney, plus I have other reasons to stay close to town.

Anyway, back to the BURNETT thread.

I have a ching basket but everyone hates them so unless specificly asked I won't be bringing it.
Seanboy
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 11:26:09 AM

Maybe you should come up to one of the BID tourneys This Sun is in Springboro just south of Dayton. (about 1 hour from cov.) I like the idea of a regional series, but we have a solid following for the current BID series. The PDGA sanctioning would carry an additional cost for the players and the clubs and would scare off some novices, which will hurt turnout. We raised our entry fees to help with payout for this year to attract a better audience and it has worked. We had 63 at Eastwood 2 weeks ago. To you Bob h Bo has wanted to run more sanctioned events all along so I see why he is in to this. C-bus already sanctions about everything they run, so their locals get a ton of points towards worlds invites, etc... already! Dayton runs the WBO, but that's all the sanctioning we do! I'm not oppossed to this idea, but it will take a lot of cooperation from all three cities. I like the idea of "earmarking" 2 tourneys per city that would be sanctioned to accomodate this without changing current formats!?? Just a thought.
frizgolf
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 5:48:47 PM

Just played Burnett tonight, and walked the other side of the driveway where the temp holes usually are. There is a tree gone where the fourth temp hole usually plays. It's a little uphill shot away from the road towards the woods, and the basket was blind behind the tree in the past. Now it's wide open. There is another stump where a large tree has been cut down. It's between the sixth and seventh temp holes, if I remembered the layout correctly.
2Timer
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2006 6:00:51 PM

I'm not sure how the other divisions went but, Jeff V beat me by 3 strokes. He tied your course record the first round. Paul came in third
NEngle
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2007 9:04:19 AM

Yep, thanks to Kap-Gun, Perica, Alan Clore, Pete, Phil & all who brought baskets & helped out.
finnhawc
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2007 6:16:03 PM

Auctioning off a once lucky orange hat with a falcon on the front- I can't imagine who owns it... :liar P.S. Disc golfers I picked up a bit of trash we left on the back nine, be good now.
13ruce-1337
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 10:27:27 PM

Hrmph i just got a chance to take a good look at the cc schedule and im very sorry to see burnett has been replaced by williamsburg .. did we forget about cincinnati state not 2 miles away .. if bringing the extra back 9 was a problem .. perhaps next year a vote can be raised to include those 2 courses as one challenge. Just thinking out loud.
LStephens
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 12:57:56 AM

Actually..that sounds like a great plan. It would help motivate people to try a new course in Cincy State..since many have yet to play this course. Being 2 miles away...that's nothing...it's like doing an Idlewild/Boone. I for one would be more interested in playing that CC instead of driving to BDH...or Beyond Donovans House.... Nothing wrong with the course...but for probably 60%+ of the CC people...it is way in BFE.
mikekem
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 3:36:23 AM

You're talking about playing a new course not on the previous ccs schedule right? Isn't Williamsburg a course that hasn't been on a css, at least in a very long time? I know I've never played it.
m8dueces
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 8:02:25 AM

Williamsburg has been improving their course and adding holes, in my opinion it is becoming a very nice course. And yes it may be in BFE so you call it, but for many it is no farther drive than Idlewild or Banklick etc. I live in Eastgate, and Williamsburg is closer or at best no further than most of the quality courses in the area. Hopefully everyone will enjoy the Williamsburg course, but we will have to wait and see!
"A little BFE in your life will do you some good"
LStephens
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 10:40:52 AM

heh...look at my PDGA schedule from last year...I was BFE a lot.