Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Course Map Options
Dellahyam
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 3:33:56 PM

Can I ask what program you guys used to make the course map!

Thanks
Ed
mike_kemner
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 9:21:57 PM

Any course map in particular?

Dellahyam
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:41:26 PM

I meant the interactive map on the actual page
mike_kemner
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 11:50:12 PM

Paul made that using the google map api. They are pretty nifty to make. Do a search on google map api tutorials; here is the google documentation itself. http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/ You'll have to sign up for a google map key and then you can map away.

Dellahyam
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 9:39:54 AM

Thats what I thought! Thanks For The Info
LStephens
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2008 2:22:28 PM

Mike...et al...I really appreciate the new key on the google course map page. It is really nice to color code the courses by age. I think it is a great idea to know before hand whether a course is relatively new...aka...primitive...or if it has been around for a while. Two other things to consider. 1. Whether a course is relatively open or wooded. You could use the trapezoid for open courses..since it looks like a plot of land.. and use a circle for wooded courses..since it looks tree trunk like. 2. A key for 9, 18, 24 and other # of holes at the course. I realize this is found on each courses page..but it would be nice to see this on the google map.

An aditional 3. Ability to sort the google image by these factors....ex: I'm looking for 18+ hole wooded course within 30 mins of oakley.

And...you guys are doing a hell of a job even if it is with MS stuff.

Signed,

FreeBSD/Unix whore
finnhawc
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2008 7:41:38 AM

Brad, I tried to look at "Fun-draising ideas" and it gave me 'access denied you were trying to look at something to which you don't have access.'
chief32
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2008 7:46:13 AM

It must be secretive government sh*t.
andersab
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2008 9:10:05 AM

finnhawc wrote:
Brad, I tried to look at "Fun-draising ideas" and it gave me 'access denied you were trying to look at something to which you don't have access.'

Yeah, I was trying to make that transparent to non-PIG volunteers.  I'll work on hiding it later tonight.
mikekem
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 8:30:58 PM

LStephens wrote:
Mike...et al...I really appreciate the new key on the google course map page. It is really nice to color code the courses by age. I think it is a great idea to know before hand whether a course is relatively new...aka...primitive...or if it has been around for a while. Two other things to consider. 1. Whether a course is relatively open or wooded. You could use the trapezoid for open courses..since it looks like a plot of land.. and use a circle for wooded courses..since it looks tree trunk like. 2. A key for 9, 18, 24 and other # of holes at the course. I realize this is found on each courses page..but it would be nice to see this on the google map. An aditional 3. Ability to sort the google image by these factors....ex: I'm looking for 18+ hole wooded course within 30 mins of oakley. And...you guys are doing a hell of a job even if it is with MS stuff. Signed, FreeBSD/Unix whore

I've got a bit of free time now, I'll see about doing something like this Lee. 
13ruce-1337
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 5:46:14 PM

http://www.addonchat.com/ just a thought .. seems to work pretty well for discgolfersrus