Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Embshoff Options
Max
Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 6:14:56 PM

Yesterday was quite the blustery day so I decided to see how Embshoff, being two miles away from my residence, played. I think the course guide uses a bit of an understatement with "minor elevation change" - there are some brief vallies. Wind is totally erratic there which made it extremely fun and entertaining to drive. I drove on the first hole and my disc dove straight down as if i threw it at the ground to the bottom of the hill. I thought it was sure to crash into the moist ground but it promptly rose thirty feet at the bottom to climb the hill and my disc hovered with unsteady elevation to within twenty feet of the basket. Putting was definitely difficult.
Max
Posted: Monday, October 20, 2003 6:39:04 PM

i'm sixteen so i (unfortunately) don't spend much time in bars. i usually go to embshoff just about every day for a quick round with a few friends after school, 3:30 to 4.
PaulDmt
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 9:03:40 AM

Basket #3 has been reported as removed. Happily this is not the result of vandals but rather a yearly occurance by the parks since that hillside is used by sledders.
mikejenkins1
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2007 12:13:57 PM

Played Embshoff for the first time on Friday night. This is a great little course. Nice rolling hills for each hole. The rough is really rough however. My oldest son is throwing a roller lately. He was doing 2 shots on several of these holes. Plan to play this one again!
Cincy Kid
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2007 4:57:20 PM

Quote:
mikejenkins1 - 8/19/2007 12:13 PM

Played Embshoff for the first time on Friday night. This is a great little course. Nice rolling hills for each hole. The rough is really rough however. My oldest son is throwing a roller lately. He was doing 2 shots on several of these holes. Plan to play this one again!

What a coincidence, my buddy and i played Embshoff for the first time today and I decided to try throwing a roller and it helped me get a 2 on a few holes. I was surprised yet very satisfied with the short, compact course. With that course, I've now played at every one on the west side of Hamilton county (Burnett, Winton Woods, Mt. Airy, Harbin, Heritage, Miami Whitewater, and now Embshoff).
mikejenkins1
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2008 10:43:42 AM

Anyone know the status of this course? When do they put back the baskets for play in the spring? Played it only once but it was very fun.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2008 11:14:25 AM

A couple of club meetings back(Gyros and Wings) I mentioned that I had talked to the park director(Jack Sutton) about getting new baskets and nothing ever came of it. I don't think anyone from the club contacted them. I emailed him but got no response. He did mention that they wanted new baskets but redesign of the course was not in the plans. Too many tree huggers in the area. I will shoot him another email and see what happens.
mikejenkins1
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2008 12:45:37 PM

We really liked the layout and such. Just wondering when the pulled baskets would return. Very different play for us than other courses.
T_Vincent
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2008 4:00:11 PM

I play there all the time. They should be going in soon. When out, I usually just fake the location. The bottom of the basket on three is a bit higher than it is at most courses.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 4:11:56 PM

Just got a reply from Jack Sutton of Hamilton county on Embshoff.

Fred,

Our staff has reviewed the Embshoff disc golf area and our current
budget.

We are not budgeted to make any replacements or improvements there in

Thanks for checking in with me.

Jack
agentdozzer
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2008 3:46:49 PM

Some guys at my work are wanting to see what the sport is about and this is the course i wanted to take them to are the baskets in.