Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Crittenden Options
Liz
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 12:04:08 PM

I sent the Parks/Recreation director an email, asking for any information on a potential park in Crittenden, here is her response:

"HI Liz,
I spoke to one of your members last spring about the course. At this time we have some baskets up but a few have been damaged and have not been replaced. The reason for not replacing the course at this time is mainly because the park will be undergoing a transformation soon. Our fair board will be moving out of the park soon and we will be creating several new park amenities. So, at this time we do not have a complete course but we have a few baskets. I am open to any development ideas, etc. Thanks and have a great day!
Tabatha"

Any suggestions? Anyone want to take the lead on this?
PaulDmt
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2008 7:04:58 AM

FYI - Rod Angel who is local down there has been the point of contact after Toby Webb started this effort.
Liz
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2008 3:58:36 PM

Thanks Paul, he notified me as well.
Jokerman
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 9:10:38 AM

Hey All,

Read this thread. I live very close to the park. Thought I would email the Parks/Rec. Director and see what the progress is. No one is more looking forward to a shorter drive to a good dg course than I. I don't think what she said is much different from what she told Liz.

But this is what she said as of today...

We are in the planning stages of redesign at the Grant County Park, Crittenden. I agree there are many who would love a nice disc golf course and we intend to provide that service when the redesign starts. We are at a bit of a stand still due to the fair board’s plans. Thank you for your email and I hope this helps!