Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Montgomery area course Options
lewsmind
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 11:39:56 AM

I was surprised to see that there are no disc golf courses in the Montgomery / Blue Ash area. I was hoping to maybe play a round during lunch. My job is in Blue Ash, but there is nothing close enough to make this feasible.

Anyone know of any suitable spots in the area where a course could be added. I'd be happy to lean on some local organizations or call whoever necessary to help get a project like that moving.
andersab
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 12:10:49 PM

Sharon Woods... I could only hope for.
DWright
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 12:11:11 PM

I also work in Blue Ash. No too much disc golf close by. Someone might know of park plans regarding purchasing the airport. Didn't Blue Ash or the city of Cincinnati (someone) was recently going to buy the Blue Ash airport and divvy it up into various things, one being a large park, all while keeping the airport? This was in the news...maybe a little over a year ago, but not totally sure. I remember the talk of it b/c I was thinking disc about a new course! I'll bet Caldwell knows.

David
mikekem
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 8:17:26 PM

I didn't know about this. I'd be willing to some preliminary grunt work to see if the parks are interested in disc golf. Anyone want to help?

This is an article on the buying of the park. It sounds like the deal has gone through. http://www.blueash.com/filestorage/81/91/1108/1112/NewsRelease-Property_PurchaseClosing-August2007-Final.pdf

This is the aerial of the airport. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=blue+ash,+ohio&ie=UTF8&ll=39.243621,-84.389977&spn=0.021238,0.029912&t=h&z=15
perica
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 8:22:55 PM

too bad sharon woods doesn't have a course

another idea for a place down the street from there ... what if we got st. rita in touch with the deaf disc golf society. if i'm not mistaken, they've got quite a bit of land.