Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Poker with The Champ Options
finnhawc
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 10:07:25 PM

I was playing online poker with my Teebird-L moniker and another player asked me what Teebird-L stood for. I replied Disc Golf disc and he said "where r u from?"
Cincy, I replied.
"Do you know Dave Cox?" he said.
Yes, Are u from FL?
Yes. I'm Ken Climo.
No.
Yes, 12x in da house.
Good one.
I am Climo 3/27/68 #4297.
ok...
What was your last tournament and who was on your card first round.

Then I asked a series of questions only Ken would know and it was the champ, after all.
When I talked about Dave and Avery he said those guys are unreal good to which I laughed and said almost as good as u. He is a good poker player but hates online overall and prefers cash games. I wish that I got a chance to ask him a few more disc golf questions. Fun, fun. Dave if you talk to Ken ask him about it if you would.
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 8:45:23 AM

lol nice did he take your money online too?
finnhawc
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 8:53:04 AM

Lol, nope, I had 30,000 in chips-he had 2,000 but after we were chatting for five minutes i was down to 22,000. We both were heckling a donkey that kept going All-in pre-flop every hand. Tournament play and I had him by 20,000-in my dreams.
finnhawc
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2008 1:16:41 PM

KC has a two stroke lead at Sarasota Sky Pilots Open. Todays round is on a Fly 18-like course(ball golf course) with greens and bunkers O.B. I told him that should be to his advantage with his amazing control but, he is worried about Garret Gurthie's massive distance advantage(the little 19 year old can throw 480-550 easily).  It should be a good second day. BTW in the tournament last night Champ 61st, Finnegan 48th. His girlfriend crushed us both, top 40 out of 600 competitors.
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2008 9:19:52 AM

Sweet, I miss Sarasota, I did manage to play the two courses there but only a few times. I actually shot pretty well there. I take it your playing at the Sarasota Golf course that I played ball golf at a few times yet everytime I went there to play DG it was closed lol.
finnhawc
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2008 10:56:14 AM

Gurthie took it by one stroke on the golf course. Probably the same course, Adam. Way to finish ahead of Chad at CSX, all is right in the world, again.