Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2008 ROC Options
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 3:03:31 PM

I believe i saw that they released the new Roc's and i was wondering if anyone knows how to go about getting one. It seems like they are either sold out or im just not looking in the right spot, so does anyone know where to go about getting one, or two?
NEngle
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 8:23:47 AM

ebay
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 10:51:38 AM

Nope, they dont have them...
Fred Salaz
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 11:07:15 AM

From Zonedriven.com
Our traditional online release will likely take place in early June. We must process Partner orders first, but hope to move through that process as quickly as possible.
I will be ordering some for you die hard Roc fans.
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 1:37:31 PM

SO what are partner orders? And thats why im having trouble finding them, they are not out yet...
bobherb
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 1:51:26 PM

EXMONEY,
You certainly have some excitement for the game as revealed in your messages.
How long have you been playing?
The way you break in a mid range disc, like a ROC, determines how you will use it on the course.
In other words, there won't be an "extreme" difference between the old ROCs and new ones.
Have fun out on the course(s)!!!
finnhawc
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 3:22:32 PM

Bob, I do find an extreme difference in the roc from year to year even in the champion plastic. True that with some good conditioning any roc can't be the way you need it. The new Ontario rocs are quite nice and have eliminated my need for "old school" rocs that cost too much.
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 4:29:39 PM

I just got a phone call today about ordering my Roc's. You have to be a usdgc partner from the year before.
After all the partners have ordered then they open it to the public. Please don't hassle me about getting any through me since if i say yes I will be hounded by everyone local that wants one. I will be buying extras to sell and stuff later.
finnhawc
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2008 1:11:11 AM

To be a partner means you have ordered one in the past then eh, Adam?
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:26:01 AM

bobherb wrote:
EXMONEY, You certainly have some excitement for the game as revealed in your messages. How long have you been playing? The way you break in a mid range disc, like a ROC, determines how you will use it on the course. In other words, there won't be an "extreme" difference between the old ROCs and new ones. Have fun out on the course(s)!!!

Your right, i love this game, and my wife has to pay for it!!! im j/k, but sometimes im sure she does get a little upset when i beg to play just one more round for the week! Ive been playing since about 2001, when they opened the Harbin Park course. I used to live a "Wraiths" throw away, and would go up there and play casually with my friends. But now as the years have gone on, im moving away from  some of the sports i used to love so much(BAsketball, softball, flag football) and spending a lot more time on the frisbee course, where my body isnt being physically broken down as much. I hope to start playing in some tournys next year!!!
andersab
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:44:46 AM

EXMONEY@HARBIN wrote:

I hope to start playing in some tournys next year!!!

You should come on out to our Course Challenge Series, no need to wait until next year.  This weekend at Gulley Park, in Clarksville.
bobherb
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2008 4:40:47 PM

Yeah, the course challenge tourneys are a great, low stress way to get introduced to competitive play - try to make it this weekend!