Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Kentucky State Championships Options
Fred Salaz
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2007 4:54:08 PM

Kentucky State Singles will be on Saturday July 5th 2008 at Idlewild.
Kentucky State Doubles will be on Saturday Sept 27th 2008 at Idlewild.
Sponsors are Edgewood Electric, Boone County Parks, Equalizer, etc....
Both are B-tiers, so there is money added.
NEngle
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2007 11:28:18 AM

Fred, taking my weekend for Deuce or Die could really screw it up. The weekend after July 4th worked for the parks department because the Soccer, Baseball & Softball leagues all had the week off.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2007 11:50:43 AM

I only took YOUR Saturday. The deuce or die was on Sunday in 2007 and I didn't know you wanted the whole weekend.
Greenwell(State coordinator) suggested that date to me.
NEngle
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2007 12:04:21 PM

People won't play both the same weekend. The high cost of a B-Tier will limit how many can afford to do so & the physical exertion to play two rounds at Idlewild on Saturday & 2 rounds at Monroe on Sunday will force people to choose between the two. I also seriously doubt Greenwell took Deuce or Die into consideration when scheduling KY events.

I don't mind a Course Challenge the day before, but a B-Tier will really hurt.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2007 12:12:46 PM

sorry
finnhawc
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2007 7:45:18 AM

I wouldn't worry Nick these events have good reps and it would be very surprising to me if both don't grow from last year.
bobherb
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2007 3:58:17 PM

Nick and Fred please call each other and work this out so there is no bad blood between a couple of fantastic tournament directors - the life blood of the PDGA.
See if other dates are available - whatever it takes!
pcaldwell
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2007 5:29:33 PM

With the Kentucky PDGA coordinators living in Bowling Green or Lexington, they don't usually factor in Ohio when they set their schedule. I concede that it's hard to please everyone, but with the Greater Cincinnati Area spanning the river, things like PDGA ratings, course directories, etc., get weird. We see the tri-state area as one community, but the PDGA sees it as two states (sort of three if you count the carload of SE Indiana disc golfers).

Then again, think of the conflicts we've had just between Dayton and Cincinnati!

Besides- how often does Greenwell play in Cincinnati - a whopping 2 hours away? I see he plays California, Arizona, South Carolina, and all over the place, but I don't think he's competed here more than a couple times since the 1998 Worlds. I think he's afraid of Fred and Bob - playing on their home courses....

Dragon
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2007 9:40:28 PM

This thread has got me curious. I'm wondering how many of the same people played deuce or die and Idlewild last year? I kind of remember reading threads last year of people raving about Deuce or Die. Therefore, wouldn't Idlewild be the loser in this face-off?
Craig
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2007 2:41:23 AM

I know the KY state USDGC spot is decided on one tournament. It rotates between Charlie vetners and health bytes. It be cool if the KY states was thrown in that mix. All the KY pro's that never come up, would. And if not Myself, Freddy, Mcgue, Bayless and Eades could battle it out (Sorry if I'm forgetting someone). Idlewild's one of, if not the best courses in KY. Expecially to decided something like that. Cumberland's up there (On my list) and I still haven't seen Jenny Wiley. But I think that would put it farther back in the season.
LStephens
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2007 11:30:32 AM

Nick...there are some of us that will play every tournament within driving distance....every day if we didn't have jobs. But a Sunday a mere hop, skip and a putt from my house? We'll be there...and we will start calling people out if they complain about being sore or poor.
Rob J
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 5:16:52 PM

Fred Salaz wrote:
Kentucky State Singles will be on Saturday July 5th 2008 at Idlewild. Kentucky State Doubles will be on Saturday Sept 27th 2008 at Idlewild. Sponsors are Edgewood Electric, Boone County Parks, Equalizer, etc.... Both are B-tiers, so there is money added.

Saturday July 5th.  KY State Singles at Idlewild.  sounds like a great time!