Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Tired Arm Options
L_Stephens
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2008 2:11:58 AM

Two days ago i was almost inspired to write a post asking for help with a tired arm.  I was inspired by Mike K. reaching out and asking putting advice.  You guys really seemed to rally around Mike and offer support and I was going to ask what do do about my arm.  Before you start posting a reply...note that I've found the central issue and it is now on the road to recovery. 

Leading up to Pike Lake I was running my mouth pretty feverishly.  I wanted to back it up so I played Idlewild every day and even made weekend trips to Pike Lake to get the layout of the course...the angles..and the distances all down.  I felt I could pretty easily shoot two rounds of -3 and I thought a -6 for the day would be right up there near the top.  I didn't think/know about two new temp holes that were easy deuces...that I took four threes on during the day....

Anyway...I didn't give my body a break and mixed with the partying around the tent Friday night...my complete lack of sleep...I thought my arm fatigue was due to all this....which some of it could have been.  I shot horrible in the tournament...I had to go completely away from my Buzzz on most shots and shoot forehand because I had absolutely no power...no control...and even my forehand was maxed at about 275 feet.  I stunk it up pretty bad...and I was physically falling over the entire round.  I go home miserable and get some sleep...my arm is sore...I don't play on Monday...my arm is sore...like tendinitis.  I play tuesday and shoot a 72 at Idlewild but felt like I shot a 172..and my arm felt like it was falling off.  Wednesday I wake up....have a craving for fruit..so I go to the store and load the buggy down with nanners, peaches, grapes, sushi, juices.....most everything Organic btw....and nice wholesome foods...go back to the house...pig out...and an hour later I start feeling pretty good.  I don't shoot at all on Wednesday....eat four solid meals of fruits, veggies and juices...no cokes...no little debbies...no french fries....yea...sucks....and take my multivitamin....and today..I wake up and my arm is feeling great...go to Idlewild and have my longest drive ever on #1 followed by a pretty sweet round of 65 that didn't involve deuces on #4...threw too long....#7...hit a tree on the left due to overpowering my forehand.....#13...hit a tree in the middle...nor #14...where I overpowered a Buzzz.  I threed #10 with a Buzzz followed by a predator forehand roller parked...and I took an OB stroke on 15 with a fairway drive too far and into the creek.

So...all along...it was those things my tastebuds and tummy loves but my body hates that were making my body act out against me.  It's only been two days...but I can already feel the energy returning. Sometimes you don't know how bad you feel until you start to feel better..and then you are like, 'Wow..I was feeling like crap".

So...good food = energy = good arm = happy
L_Stephens
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2008 2:18:03 AM

BTW..if you are 18 years old..and you read the above post....you won't understand...you can drink all night...eat little debbies until you puke.. get no sleep..and you can wake up and shoot just as well as if you didn't...but do that for 20 years....it takes its toll...and then you have to make sure you eat well....sleep well...and take your vitamins in order to shoot well.
KevinB
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2008 1:25:22 PM

No Little Debbies....that's crazy talk.
TyFarina
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2008 11:42:48 AM

Hey Lee.....Is that why you didn't show up last week for our Innova vs. Discraft challenge at Idlewild???? Just curious, b/c I was there waiting.....