Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Cowan Lake State Park Options
buerklenick
Posted: Saturday, August 09, 2008 2:40:00 AM

I once heard a rumor of intrest of putting in a course @ cowan lake does anyone know if this is true ? ,

or can tell me whose phone to ring to try to spark a intrest for it?

I would love to see one put in there gulley is my home course for now but this would be a great addition to some of us out here
MSQ
Posted: Saturday, August 09, 2008 9:31:27 PM

It's been a few years since there was a stir at Cowan Lake State Park. The idea to get a memorial course installed by the mom of a late Kurt Cleaver didn't work out. She had contacted me since my name was on the books at the time for whatever reason as a contact for disc golf in Ohio, particularly in state parks. I got her started, but she dropped the ball, and that idea fizzled. The park management at that time was receptive to disc golf, and they pretty much approved the area on the south side of lake (take Yankee Road north from St Rt 350) near the dance pavillion and the underutilized beach area to be bookmarked for disc golf. But they did not have the funding, and I'm sure they have even less now. So, my guess is that if you contacted them, saying you know the first attempt (by Susan Stoner, and assisted by myself, Marc Queen) was abandoned, and that you'd like to take over, and get the money raised and install it yourself.... they'll say OK.

Cowan Lake State Park
1750 Osborn Road,
Wilmington, OH 45177
937-382-1096 Park Office

Hope that helps.
I live in Lynchburg, about 20 minutes away.
--Marc