Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Hosting an NT Options
L_Stephens
Posted: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 1:22:32 PM

I've noticed that the PDGA is taking applications for clubs and/or individuals that are interested in hosting a National Tour event in 2009.  I personally feel the Disc n Dat Bluegrass Open would be an exceptional candidate for a National Tour event.  I don't know what all the details are of what the course has to be like..but I'd say a combination of Idlewild and Banklick far surpase Hoover and the West Course in C-Bus...not that I'm saying they aren't great..because they are...but you can argue that Banklick = Hoover with number of holes and variety of shots...but the West Course isn't even in the same league as idlewild....nothing is.

Dan...before you run out your back door and strangle me...I'd be more than willing to help as long as I was still able to play in the event.
13ruce-1337
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 12:44:35 PM

BUMP
nienaber
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2008 8:44:10 AM

Lee just wants to have an NT at idlewild because he owns that course!

But I have to say I agree that those two courses are awesome and those who have worked hard on them deserve recognition on a national scale.

andersab
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2008 9:00:09 AM

nienaber wrote:
Lee just wants to have an NT at idlewild because he owns that course! But I have to say I agree that those two courses are awesome and those who have worked hard on them deserve recognition on a national scale.

If you read other disc golf sites, you'll realize that they already do...
discndat
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2008 10:14:39 AM

I know we could probably put it on. However, we would need some $pon$or$ship  to do it right. If you have some contacts, let us know. We can always check into it. That's not a commitment or anything, that's just leaving the door open.
zac
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2008 7:45:58 PM

hosting a NT is awesome, but man is it alot of work. i am by no means saying anyone in cinci is not capable, because youve demonstrated you are, and you sure as heck have a strong volunteer base. just from my experience of 'helping on the side' meaning that all i did was help with the little things and the legwork in places, it seems that as soon as the tournament is over, and you clean up and post scores, its time to think about the next year.

what im saying is that if you want a nt, or a tier, jump on it eeeaaarrly. as early as possible, because as this weekends TD's can tell you, its alot harder than it looks, and it even looks hard. anyone can throw a tournament together, but to put on a well run event that goes smoothly and people will talk about and come back to, takes way more work than youd think, ask brad adam and john. by the way, well done with the pig.

cinci would be a great place for a nt event, you guys have what, 1000 courses? and a huge club. if you want to take it on, def do it, just start the work asap!