Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Damage Reports Options
fairmike9
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 3:55:11 PM

Welp Winton woods has sustained minor tree damage. Some of the holes have new obstacles.....hahahaha. no basket damage to speak of little cleanup will be good as it was  thumbsup  Will probably check out harbin later get a little glow practice in but dont think there could be much there.
Jokerman
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:52:18 PM

Banklick is messy.

All the wooded holes have some degree of downed limbs  or trees. Some worse than others. Most noted is 5 which is missing a basket. Then coming up the hill from down by the creek the top set of stairs was destroyed by a massive tree.
fairmike9
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:11:20 PM

well as i suspected harbin looks good unless it was already cleaned really couldnt see much damage if any, it was kinda dark though.LOL
andersab
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2008 7:04:14 AM

Jokerman wrote:
Banklick is messy.

All the wooded holes have some degree of downed limbs  or trees. Some worse than others. Most noted is 5 which is missing a basket. Then coming up the hill from down by the creek the top set of stairs was destroyed by a massive tree.

The great thing about Banklick is that the parks department takes GREAT care of it.  They see it as an asset and work hard maintaining it.  I wouldn't expect it to be looking bad for very long.
ccs
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2008 7:24:45 AM

Gulley has about 4 trees down on 16 and 17.
13ruce-1337
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:45:38 AM

Right you are Brad. They had several piles ready for disposal before after and during doubles yesterday.
dscar19
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:01:03 AM

Has anyone seen or heard about Monroe? If so please post an update because I'd like to clean up what I can before Sat. Thanks Derek
fairmike9
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2008 2:51:31 PM

heritage park has a little damage around hole 13 limbs down, doesnt really affect your shot though. havent heard or been to monroe to see if any damage there.
fairmike9
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2008 2:54:51 PM

why is 5 at banklick missing basket? destroyed due to falling trees or vandals? I, my wife and son played banklick saturday and basket 5 was there.
Jokerman
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:45:19 PM

fairmike9 wrote:
why is 5 at banklick missing basket? destroyed due to falling trees or vandals? I, my wife and son played banklick saturday and basket 5 was there.

As of Monday it was gone. Now in thinking about it here is what I saw. There was a tree over the spot where the basket was. But that being said I could not find the basket. That is if it rolled over the hill or what. The base set in the ground was not damaged and the lock was gone. So perhaps my initial knee jerk reaction to blame the wind might not be fully founded. All I know is its a mess.
fairmike9
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2008 11:00:14 AM

will be down near florence may check out pride park, unknown at this point though.
ahlavac
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2008 11:29:54 AM

Highland Hills:  Debris is scattered all over the course, but the only significant change is a fallen tree on #9's tee.  If you take a few steps forwrd from the tee box you can play it as you normally would.

Embshoff: The basket on hole #6 is surrounded by a giant downed tree. The basket is not damaged, but there are so many branches arond the hole that it is unplayable.

Gulley: I played Gulley yesterday and the course was OK. A few fallen trees have created new obstacles, but nothing is unplayable. In fact, the woods on #16 and #17 have really been thinned out making them a little easier to play (unfortunately).
fairmike9
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2008 8:19:31 PM

well pride park looks like it might have been unplayable before wind storm but all baskets are still there. plenty of trees down everywhere. needs alot of work to be what i would consider playable. who put the cemetary in the middle of pride park.....hahahaha. Why dont they consider moving baskets to location that works better, all those baskets going to waste. DAMN shame.
fairmike9
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2008 8:21:53 PM

off topic but seen you lookin thanks chad for game.