Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2009 NT/supertour Options
perica
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:45:23 PM

The NT and A-tier schedule is up on the pdga site now, some notable changes include the following.

Atlanta will host an NT at the end of March.
Kalamazoo will host a 3-day NT the last weekend of June.
US Women's is in Iowa this time.
Charlie Vettiner is an A-tier now.
Lexington Open has been moved to mid-October.

see the rest here
http://pdga.com/2009-pdga-tour-schedule
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 10:44:19 AM

annouce There is a change to the schedule already and that is the DND Bluegrass Open - it is currently on the schedule for May 9-10, but we have moved it to June 6-7 as the prior date weekend is Mother's Day Weekend! I messed up in my original scheduling. So the new date is June 6-7.  Better chance of good weather that weekend. We'll have more info coming on the tourney soon. Just wanted to get this out there as soon as possible. Get it on your schedule now. It is the 10th Anniversary of the tourney - wow, time flies, just like discs.
Ben Shooner
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 12:06:54 PM

Moving the dates of the DND and Lexington is one of the best decisions I've seen in a long time. Along with BG Ams, for myself in recent years-those tourneys have been known as 'how to kill your rating in 3 easy weekends'. 3 A-tiers, on great courses, so close to home is hard to pass up. But it was frankly exhausting and too early in the season to be throwing at an A-tier level. My plan for '09 was to play just one of those three...now it looks like they're spread out enough that I won't have to choose.

Conventional wisdom would state that it's good to have big tourneys close in time and space so that it's easier for those touring. This is a minute portion of all disc golfers. I can't speak for everyone, but I much prefer to have these A-tiers spread out as they will be now. It will definitely provide more to look forward to
throughout the season. Thanks guys!
Eric Simpson
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 4:46:09 PM

Lexington may not be moved to October after all. Lyle said the October date must be a mistake and that the PDGA had confirmed an April 18-19 date last week. Guess we'll see. It would be nice to have them spaced out a bit.
lylemccoon
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 2:11:14 PM

I know that several of you liked the idea of an October Lexington Open, but it is not to be, at least not this year.  The dates listed on the SuperTour schedule were simply incorrect.

The Lexington Open XI will be April 18-19.  For those of you who came into town last year and struggled to find a hotel room, we have moved the event off of the Rolex 3 Day Event weekend.  So this year it should be much easier to get a room.

I understand that some will not be able to play all of the big Kentucky events, but from our local standpoint, these dates work much better than October.  Plus, since Disc'N'Dat has moved to June and Vettiner has moved to September, there is already more spacing than last year.

We sincerely hope all of you can come for this year's Lexington Open.  We are aiming to get $10,000 in sponsorships and to have over 200 participants.  Whether or not we can reach those goals remains to be seen, but we will sure try.

Lyle McCoon