Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Northern Light Disc Galf Courses Options
T_Vincent
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2008 1:26:43 PM

I was at Sweet Tees and while talking to Hank he told me about two important events. So we sat down and made a post.

1) Grand opening / Pro Am turnament at the new nine hole course at Millikin and Morris Rds.
      Nov. 30th sign up by 10:00am Tee-off around 10:30am.  $5.00 for Ams & $10.00 for Pros.
      For this event the course will have an additional nine holes.
      As an added feature the permanant nine will be lit for glow after the event for casual play. Hank has permission to play after dark for any event.
      Since this course is not on the courses page yet here are better directions to the course.
      From 129 exit route 4. Go north one light to Princeston Rd, turn right. Go two lights to Morris Rd, turn left. Go two to three miles north, turn right into school lot.
      Left into firehouse south parking lot. Course is a 500ft walk due east.
           Please come play the course Brad & the gang started.

2) Demonstrate Interest for a course at Millikin Woods (Not to be confused with Millikin & Morris Rd Park)
      Dec. 7th Sign-up by 10:00am Tee-off around 10:30am. $5.00 for Ams & $10.00 for Pros.
      Attendance is very important to Hank. Hank will be filming the event to show the park board how the Greater Cincinnati area would benifit from a course in this location.
      This film will be presented to try to sway the opinion of the board at the next board meeting two days later.
      Hank will be setting up a 18 hole temp course for this event.

Directions to this course.
      Take 127 up to Hamilton. At Pershing Ave, take a left. Get in center lane. Go straight through to New London. Go aprox. 2/3 mile to top of hill. 
      Turn right on S. Washington Blvd. Cross 129 and the railroad tracks.  Park entrance is on the left.

For more information, call Sweet Tees at 513-858-3472.
T_Vincent
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2008 7:12:24 PM

After the last post, I went out the the Millikin Woods location with Hank. This place I feel has some real potential. But then again, most large wooded areas with lots of mature trees have potential. Part of what he wants to do on the Dec. 7th event is to use people as a soundboard to get a better feel for how the course could be laid out, if approved. Hank has a number of holes set up in his mind, and the rest are up for debate.
frizgolf
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2008 11:17:38 PM

I've checked out that park before, waaay back about 20 years ago. My friend and I thought it had potential for a short 18 or a challenging 9.
Mature trees. Underused park.
It looked like a party hangout.
cyrusf1
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2008 4:34:13 PM

frizgolf wrote:
I've checked out that park before, waaay back about 20 years ago. My friend and I thought it had potential for a short 18 or a challenging 9. Mature trees. Underused park. It looked like a party hangout.
cyrusf1
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2008 5:55:52 PM

That was true 20 years ago. Fortunately, there has been a busy road built through the park providing easy access
and discouraging any such partying. As a Hamilton resident, I agree this is a great location for a course, and I know installing one will bring many new players to the sport.
cyrusf1
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2008 4:27:17 PM

T_Vincent wrote:
Demonstrate Interest for a course at Millikin Woods (Not to be confused with Millikin & Morris Rd Park)
      Dec. 7th Sign-up by 10:00am Tee-off around 10:30am. $5.00 for Ams & $10.00 for Pros.
      Attendance is very important to Hank. Hank will be filming the event to show the park board how the Greater Cincinnati area would benifit from a course in this location.
      This film will be presented to try to sway the opinion of the board at the next board meeting two days later.
      Hank will be setting up a 18 hole temp course for this event.

I talked to Hank today, and he may postpone this event at Milikin Woods in Hamilton.  If you were planning on attending call him to confirm your interest at  513 - 858 - DISC .