Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Thanks! Options
Liz
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2008 9:40:56 AM

I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who helped out this year in the disc golf community.  There are a ton of people who volunteered their personal time to make things happen this year...here are some names that come to mind.....

Pete Caldwell, Dave Marlow and Brad Anderson - for being club officers
Matthew Blakely - for running the Course Challenge Series and the Gulley and Turtlecreek Open
David Wright - for running the GCFDA league again this year
Ken Donathon - for all the work he has done at Monroe
Steve Flint - for all the work he has done at Turtlecreek
John Kuhns, Brad Anderson and Adam Jones - for running the Flying Pig this year
Kindra Burress - for her work on the newsletter
Dave Marlow - for his work at the club vendor
All the CC TD's - especially the ones who filled in for me when I couldn't fulfill my commitment
Fred Salaz - for all his work at Idlewild, Mt. Airy, the tournaments he offers, and being a local business dedicated to this sport
Dan Bayless - for running the Bluegrass Open, the Ice Bowls, donating to the CCS, the Day-Glo and being a local business dedicated to this sport
Adam Jones - for his tireless efforts Mt Airy
The ladies who come out to my women's league - you are the reason why I do the league
Kevin Brashear - for his work in Boone Co. and Ice Bowls
Nick Engle - for running the Deuce or Die
Hank Rodrick - for his help with Millikin Rd park in Fairfield Township and for becoming the newest local business dedicated to this sport
....last but certainly not least....
The GCFDA "IT Department" - Mike Kemner, Dan Hollingshead and Brad Anderson - our website is wonderful, we are very lucky to have you guys as a part of our club

I'm sure I've missed a few, please feel free to add to this list if you think of someone that deserves recognition.   Thanks everyone!  shout  I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season and a great new year!