Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

found at idlewild Options
Steveh
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2009 10:50:25 AM

Well I am new to the disc  golf scene(well i played it 30 years ago with a regular frisbee at whitewater)but as far as the new disks I never used one untill recently. So anyway i regularly walk my dogs with my family at idlewild and my son found a couple disks. We messed around with the disks for a bit never thinking that this forum was out here to return them or we would get into playing the game. Well we were wrong because now we are hooked and have bought some disks to use. When reading this first one remember that it did help some one get into playing this game. We never really played it before finding these disks.

So the first one(and i am trying to right a wrong) is a star xcaliber. When we found it I will admit it had a name and phone number but being a dumb*** I marked it out so I can not tell who it belongs to now dumb . It had a PDGA number on it also. If anyone can tell me the color and the two words that were written on the back center i will get it to them. I am sorry for marking out your name and I should have done this sooner. My son found this about 2 months ago in  the field directly across the long hole#2 next to the lake.

The second disk I have does have a name on it(and hey I did not mark it out) and that is dave marlow. This is a orange championship orc that my son found about a year and a half ago while walking the disc golf course at idlewild. No number or anything like that.

I can drop either of these off a disc n dat if you would like or PM me and I will make arrangements to get them to you. Once again sorry about that first one I should have called!!!

Steveh
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2009 1:17:15 PM

***UPDATED*** Both of these disks have been givin to Dan from Disc 'n dat.
L_Stephens
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2009 6:18:53 PM

Steveh....thank you for returning discs and I'm also glad you are now hooked on this wonderful sport. If you ever see my 2006 grey Honda Civic...OH plates....at Idlewild...walk up and introduce yourself. I'll gladly give you and your son a few discs to help start you out and for doing the right thing and returning discs. Welcome to a sport where anyone here will gladly help you progress in your game. Just ask anyone and with a smile on their face they will help you. Neither disc was mine or anyone I know...but returning them is always appreciated.
Steveh
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2009 10:32:32 PM

Not a problem it seemed the right thing to do in returning the disks. As far as the disc offer i truely appreciate it but not neccessary. We have went to disc 'n dat and Dan has set us up with some good discs for beginners. Instead of discs maybe we can play a few holes and you could give us some pointers. That is something we most definitely need help !!
L_Stephens
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2009 11:28:00 PM

Just name a day and time...I work nights and don't like sleeping in the daytime. Just PM me any specifics and I'll gladly play with you guys.
Steveh
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 2:51:38 PM

Yea I work days so getting to ildewild in the day during the week is virtually impossible. Never know though i do go there on the weekends alott so if you see a guy, 2 kids, wife and 3 dogs that me!!!! knockedout
What I really want to do is play the whole course at ildewild. That is something i have yet to do. I hope to do it soon. Was thinking about some personal time from work and some half way decent weather to give it a try.

What I do during the week is play highland hills at lunch time. I can leave work get there around 12:05 and play 9 holes and get back to work before 1pm. That is not a bad course, a bit ruff but it works.