Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

DG in Columbus Ohio Options
Jokerman
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 3:16:00 PM

Hey,

I'll be in Columbus, Ohio on Friday. Looking for suggestions on a good DG course to play. Looking for something on the eastside but will entertain any suggestion.

Thx
L_Stephens
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 3:18:49 PM

Since I play Idlewild quite a bit..I really liked Lobdell Reserve. It's beautiful and challenging. It's a very long walk if you try to do two rounds in one day though.
Ben Shooner
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 4:27:49 PM

IMHO Hoover from the longs is a fantastic course.
L_Stephens
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 4:42:08 PM

Ben,

I really love Hoover as well...however...I don't think it will be dry by Friday...and the mulch around the baskets at Hoover gets to be insanely mushy...the course is really muddy this time of year. I prefer the West Course..but it is a temp course only played twice a year. It's worth a shot though....if it is halfway dry it is a great course.
Jokerman
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 8:00:54 PM

Thanks for the info about the weather and wet conditions. I was all set to try it but might have to try the other seeing as it sounds like it will be very wet.
zac
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 11:18:55 PM

if it gets cold again and frozen the course would be fine. it looks like itll be right on the line of frozen or not, as its supposed to snow in the next few days. hoover longs is great. lobdell is also a great course, a bit less traveled so the grass seems to keep the ground at least a bit firmer. if you havent been to hoover, you need to, it is wet this time of year, but not unmanagable, i was there three times this week and it was sloppy in a couple places, but completely manageable. so if you havent seen it, see it. the same thing can be said about the courses in deleware and lancaster as well, i dont know where you are going to or from and if they would be close, but they are both great courses as well if you get the chance.