Format-2 rounds of 18 holes
   -1st round: everyone (short tees)
   -2nd round: pro/adv. (long tees)
                       Int./Rec. (short tees)
Entry fees: Pro-$30*                         
                     Adv.-$25*                                 
                     Int./Rec.- $20*                                     

* $5 of your entry will be donated to our charity
 * We will also be accepting all canned good donations.
Time: Sign in/up; 8:00-9:30
         Players meeting; 9:45
         Tee off; 10:00
Everyone will be allowed to buy and use 3 MULLIGANS in second round (all proceeds to our charity). $1/Mulligan
Hot soup/chili will be served between rounds
Top third in all divisions will be paid (ams in prizes)
Mini golf, 9 hole tournament after awards
  $5 entry donated to our charity (prizes/awards for top finishers, players pack) T.D.-Allen Koehler

Presented by: Columbus Flyers DGC-columbusdiscgolf.com
L_Stephens
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2008 11:37:51 PM

you can use mulligans in a PDGA sanctioned tournament?
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 9:22:36 AM

I think if he keeps the mulligans it will be an XC tier... Zac is trying to figure out if XC events count ratings wise. If the ratings wouldn't count, I think it might change and the mulligans might be dropped.
andersab
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 9:36:59 AM

Mulligans are more fund that PDGA ratings...
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 10:50:43 AM

Some of us like getting our money's worth. If I'm paying $30+ I would at least like to get my ratings to count. I think they should just pretend we didn't have mulligans on the TD report. If they don't know about them then it never happened. That way we get ratings and the fun of using mulligans :)
andersab
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 12:05:15 PM

who cares about ratings... this is a fundraiser for good causes... fun-d(onation)-raiser...

I think that an XC should work anyways, according to the PDGA rules, you just have to document the "crazy" difference or something like that...
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 12:48:50 PM

I care about ratings... but as long as mine stays above yours its not as important I guess shrug

cheers
L_Stephens
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 1:02:49 PM

Brad, the reason we want it to be a PDGA Sanctioned event...IS because we care about building our ratings. Otherwise, just have it a nonsanctioned event and lower the buyin. Personally, I enjoyed the PDGA Ice Bowl that Lyle McCoon put on down in Nicholasville, KY last winter. I also enjoyed the nonsanctioned ICe Bowls that Dan Bayless put on last year. Either way I had fun. I would prefer that Dan had ours sanctioned so I could get some earlier rounds at a local course and build my rating a little...but he chooses not to and I respect his hard work and time he spends on hosting an event that allows me to have fun and gives money, clothing, food...to those that desperately need a helping hand.

On Mulligans...I think that is a really bad idea for a sanctioned tournament. How about we have donations to a raffle and use 100% of that money for the charity? How about we have a basket toss and use 100% of that money for the charity? How about we have paid CTPs..you gotta be in the CTP pot to be eligible to win the prize...and have 100% of that money go to the charity? How about we have a sponsor donate lunch and we each pay $5 for our meal...and that is donated to the charity? How about we have side bets and then donate that to the charity in the name of the winner?

We can have a millions ways to raise money for the charity that needs it...I just feel mulligans...while fun...are not what we need at a sanctioned event.
zac
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 11:51:24 PM

im never a fan of mulligans, but its both a tradition of sorts ans a way for people to feel better about they way they play in the winter. that being said, we are figuring out how to make it work. its simply a decision by paul and ill let you guys know as soon as i know. i think if you petition the tour manager you can get strange and special conditions and still get ratings, just not sure how difficult it is. i personally would just pay the extra money, buy in a raffle, or just hand paul 5$ extra for the charity, but we will see what he decides.
STEVO
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 8:44:58 AM

What am I missing?...You can have ratings, or mulligans, but not both. nono   You cannot have a rating that was based on a round aided by mulligans, can you?? 
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:16:17 AM

No you can't... thats why he took away the mulligans and made it a regular C tier.
zac
Posted: Sunday, January 11, 2009 10:15:56 PM

well, one week until the kickoff of the columbus disc golf season. we have tons of tournaments this year. the schedule should be posted soon. but if you are up for a couple rounds in the cold at a great course, come on up to hoover sat for a sanctioned ice bowl. itll be a great time, as im sure the nicholasville ice bowl will be as well. so, you have two great options this weekend. youd better get yourself to one or the other, i know discgolf is tough to endure sometimes, but comeon... its for charity.

ps
reminder, no mulligans. but canned goods are accepted and we will find other ways to make the charity more money.