Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Flying PIG 2008 Options
andersab
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 10:56:59 AM

For those of you who do not know... I have been in and out of town for the last three weeks due to my father having a severe infection, which has led to other illnesses and issues. I have basically been in town for roughly 3-4 days per week and otherwise have been on the road to UK medical center. He is healthy and I am now going to be home.

Today, I contacted Flywear Apparel about the late entrants who wished to get a shirt. He will be working to get these made up as time permits and I will go get them and be calling you all concerning getting them to you. I apologize for not updating you sooner but this has been the last thing on my mind. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Eric Simpson
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 8:12:28 AM

Was the TD report sent to the PDGA? They say they don't have it and the rounds will not count in next week's update.
andersab
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:14:19 AM

I think that we still owe them a check... Kuhns said that he sent in the PDGA report.
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 10:24:21 AM

Just an FYI - the PDGA can accept Paypal payment for the tournament. It's a quick way to get your $ to them and maybe if it's done now they might still be able to get the results in the next update. They've got a lot of results to get in due to the new site and all.
poisonelf
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2008 6:10:58 PM

"If Unofficial, it means the TD uploaded the results to the website but still hasn't sent in the report to the PDGA so we can't process it for you." This is what Chuck Kennedy stated..
doesn't sound like a money issue
poisonelf
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 10:27:28 AM

Has anything been done to rectify this?
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 3:43:32 PM

Yes, it should be in on the next ratings update. Payment and results have been sent in.
poisonelf
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 4:24:04 PM

Thanks a million..i just want to see my rating jump about 965 :D
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2009 3:25:06 PM

The next PDGA Ratings Update will be 1/27/09 and the Pig results should be included on that one. Here's a note from Chuck Kennedy about the ratings that he posted on the PDGA Message Board:

"Here's the schedule we've worked out for Ratings Updates for 2009 events. We expect to see more than 1000 events this year so we've added two more full updates to the five per year we've been doing for quite a while. TD reports are due by the Thursday 12 days before these dates in order to make the update."
March 17 (includes Memorial)

May 19 (includes BG Ams)

July 14 (includes Am Nats)

Sept 1 (includes Worlds)

Oct 20 (includes Euro, Masters, USWDGC, USDGC)

Dec 15 (includes Players Cup)

Jan 26 (yearend final)
L_Stephens
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2009 3:35:03 PM

I noticed I had 3 more tournaments on my personal stats page as of this morning. The Flying Pig, The Cleveland Roc and The Parklane Open. All three have been missing for a long time. The Parklane Open was the strangest because it was in early May and Chuck Kennedy played in the event. I had assumed he would hassle the TD about getting his paper work in...but I guess he shot so far below his ratings....he didn't care if they ever got in. Nice to see the PDGA increasing the number of ratings updates...I know many people feel that we don't need the constant updates...but they are usually established players whose ratings don't fluctuate very much. New and developing players need shorter periods of time for their ratings to catch up to their skill levels so they aren't allowed to bag in lower divisions and kill the competition.