Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Ladies League 2007! Options
Liz
Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2007 6:12:51 AM

I won't be in town this week for ladies league - but I think some of the gals are still planning on meeting at Harbin around 6, see you next week - I'm off to Worlds!
smachel
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2007 6:08:23 PM

there were two of us at harbin, enjoying the not-as-hot-as-i-had-anticipated weather. got there 10 minutes late, so sorry if someone was there and then left!
Ben Shooner
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2007 6:49:58 AM

Liz is still on her way back from Worlds, so she won't be able to play tonight...feel free to brave the heat without her!
Liz
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2007 6:08:25 AM

Ladies League will resume this Monday at Woodland Mound - 6 ish, the weather should "cool" off a bit, hope to see y'all out there.
Liz
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2007 2:12:55 PM

Tomorrow night - we'll be at Harbin - ladies- come on out and get some practice before the Pig this weekend!
Liz
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 1:20:32 PM

We will be off for Labor Day and the home opener of the Bengals is the following Monday, so.......I won't be there on the 10th, but I'm thinking of finishing it out through September, could we postpone Woodland to the 17th and make Harbin be our last time on the 24th? I think we could celebrate somewhere around there!
2Timer
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 7:58:12 AM

Is this the schedule? If so we will be there at Woodland tonight
Liz
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 2:02:32 PM

I could've sworn I posted this morning that we'd be at Woodland Mound tonight and next week will be our last week at Harbin, not sure what happened, oh well!
BIGBOY
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2007 5:58:02 AM

Liz, How was Ladies Leagues this year? How many women participated this year?
Liz
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2007 9:34:23 AM

It was wonderful as usual! We had 3 women from here attend the Women's Nationals and we all had a great time. Not sure about the exact numbers, but some weeks towards the end were slow b/c of the weather, hopefully next year won't be so hot. Thanks for asking and we'll definitely do it again next year in the Spring!
2Timer
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2008 7:07:56 PM

I took Rebecca out to Woodland last Sunday afternoon, it was her first time playing since the Banklick CC. This kid literally jumped out of the car and played like she haden't missed a day. She actually was taking one step on some holes that she use to run up on. I mean how do you know that after not throwing a disc for 4 months. She shot a -4 with no bogeys. I brought a friend of mine with me who plays every so often and he couldn't keep up with her. I wasn't having the best day on the course (-7) and I literally had to scramble to beat her. She is looking forward to this year and can't wait to play with everyone. She will probably be at the Idlewild CC and her first PDGA event should be the Riverside drive. I know I sound like a proud papa which I am, but those who know her know that her Discgolf future is going to be great. I know I have showed her how to play the game, but kid is as close to a phenom that I have ever seen. She is first chair flute at school, on the honor role, and she just started playing the violin the other day. I went to pick her up from school and her violin teacher made a special trip out with her to let us know that she could not believe that Rebecca had never played the violin before. And to top if all off she wants to be a MATH teacher! This kid needs a kickname. Post any suggestions. My favorite is SHE-NOM!
smachel
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 7:11:47 PM

awww... you should be very proud! i can't wait for her to kick my butt again this summer. :)
Rebecca
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 2:24:04 AM

Are there going to be leagues for the spring of 2009?