Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Update Mt. Airy's "Courses" Page? Options
ahlavac
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:53:53 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing Mt. Airy's webpage in the "Courses" section updated to reflect the recent course changes.  The page could use an updated course map, and updated photos.  I realize that the changes are very new, and you guys probably just haven't had time to update the website, but I thought I'd mention it since Airy is one of the area's signature courses.  Thanks, and keep up the good work!
andersab
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 2:33:42 PM

Feel free to take the pics and email to the web admins...
ahlavac
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:56:34 PM

I just got a camera and I have the day off on Friday. I'll take the pics and send them if I have a chance to get out to Airy. I can probably creat a new course map in Microsoft Paint too...
Lingo1976
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:16:29 PM

I tell you what though. You may want to wait til' spring before you do anything about a map for the course. Over the winter Mt. Airy will be getting a couple more changes to the course. Each hole will have alternate pin placements and a few of the holes may be changed a little. The original sleeves will be left in for the course to be used for tournys etc... like old 7 & 8 back in the woods.

It is great that you are offering your services to help out but, I have a feeling a new map, etc. will be created once the upgrades have been completed.

J-son
The Nati Disc Golf..................com
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 10:47:14 AM

Mt. Airy= The New Idlewild. These Kentuckians are coming over and taking over our courses now... Didnt you know that AHLAVAC
ahlavac
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 3:45:46 PM

Got it.
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2009 8:30:00 AM

Right now we could at least put a note on the page that Airy is undergoing a renovation and that many changes/upgrades will be done this year and we can update that info as it happens. Photos will be done much later in the year to incorporate these changes. I was planning on usin my 8meg digital slr for the photos but I don't mind the help of others also. I will se Dan this friday and try and remember to discuss what we can update for the page then.
mikekem
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 9:12:23 AM

Going to add your note Adam.

You don't by any chance have access to a gps do you? For Gulley, Turtlecreek, and Monroe a gps was used to plot the course positions. If you have access to a gps create a loc of basket and pin and keep a log of the path you walk down the fairway. I can then put the coordinates into an aerial shot and get a fairly accurate layout of the course. I prefer maps that are easily printable like the ones I mentioned above.
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 6:24:51 PM

I was gonna ask you guys that. I thought Brad had mentioned to me last year that someone had that stuff. I know that Larry has something but not entirely sure which type and stuff
Tim Tim
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2009 11:16:12 PM

This might be a little off topic but can we maybe do the same for monroe once it gets a little nicer out? Like take new pics, cause the ones on there now were from before it was even established...

I'll even take the pics if someone will upload them lol seriously I'm there ALL the time :P
mikekem
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 7:42:22 AM

Someone with a digital camera want to get on that? I need a full set of pictures, not a patch work of a couple in order to change it. It would be best to do it when leaves are on the trees. But you're right this is off topic of Mt. Airy.
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2009 9:11:10 AM

just wait till late spring or summer