Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Course in Hamilton Options
chain_shaker
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 9:45:42 PM

Has anyone ever tried to have a course put in at millikin woods in hamilton?  It would be possible to put a nice little nine hole course in there.  I work and go to school near there and it would be nice to have somewhere really close to go to, to loosen up the arm and practice putting for a little bit.
greenhills
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:43:01 AM

There is a course at Millikin Woods, I think the grand opening is this weekend

See this thread:
http://www.cincinnatidiscgolf.com/Default.aspx?tabid=74&g=posts&t=1096
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 9:03:24 AM

No us hamiltonians have trouble coming up with names at parks, so we just name all our parks the same thing. The park he is refering to is in the Heart of the Westside of Hamilton. Its a really nice refurbished new park, but if i remember correctly there is a lot of traffic with walkers, but i could be wrong. I think Hank was talking to the parks dept. about putting a course in there, but i think he got wrapped up in the Hueston Woods course, so he doesnt have time. But i dont blame him, Hueston Woods NEEDS a disc course, with all that land they have...
greenhills
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 9:43:16 AM

I ran into Hank last weekend at his shop and he had just got back from Hueston Woods. He was telling us about new courses going in at Millikin Park, Thompson Park and Hueston Woods. He was saying there was a grand-opening this weekend, is that at the "other" Millikin Park?
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 11:10:56 AM

Yeah, that Milliken Park is actually in Fairfield Township(it has a Hamilton address). Its right down the street from the newer Butler County YMCA, or a few miles from Bridgewater falls. Its i nice small wooded course, but can be quite messy if its wet outside. Its worth going to play at least once. I think its like a mix between winton woods and Monroe.
chain_shaker
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 1:27:56 PM

After everything at Hueston Woods is finished it be nice to get something going at Millikin Woods in Hamilton. How exactly do you get to the other Millikin Park, I'd like to check out the course there.
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 2:21:26 PM

Get on Princeton road, go passed Bridgewater falls, turn left at the next light (Morris Road). And go all the way to the end of Morris, and look to your left. Its out in that field... Or go up route 4 to Miliken Rd. and take a right. It will be about 1 mile down on your right...
J_Trumbull
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2009 3:45:43 PM

I talked to hank about a week to a week and a half ago, and he said that the Millikin Woods Park in Hamilton will begin being put in when they have the money, and when Thompson and Hueston Woods are finished, he mentioned them probably needing sponsors for it, but i think it is the perfect park for recreational play and getting more Hamilton people involved in Disc Golf
Big Biscuit
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2009 7:21:11 PM

Before I post any more reports about the Northern Lights Disc Golf Projects, I would like to thank all of YOU for your confidence in my ability to design and install these 3 courses. #1 Thompson Park working with (Daniel & Tylor). #2 My first semi/solo with (Paul Dumont)at Hueston Woods. 36 Tees 18 BASKETS #3 last but not least, the course that has to be built - Milleken Woods along both sides of N. Washington Blvd. in Hamilton. Look for Cyrus and myself to be out building that course. Congratulations to Brad and the gang on an awesome design at FTCP on Milliken Rd. Skylor Miller has fine tuned it to perfection!! A shout out to my mentors ( for the past 19 years) Dan B.& Fred S., Thank you both for being such good friends. Its the end of DAY, so its time to PLAY!!!! See you all later. Big Biscuit @ 360 degrees.
ccs
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2009 10:02:05 PM

What happened to Concerned?
mikekem
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2009 11:26:06 PM

We lost him with the website conversion somehow.
NEngle
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 10:33:15 AM

Concerned
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2005 9:30:20 AM

Ahh MDoggie, how true and relevant your wise words ring indeed. I have also noticed this kind of mischief and naughtiness while thorwing the mighty D. Lets urge picnicers and dogwalkers and others who walk pets to respect the baskets and leave them alone. Possibly signage shall help. James will make sign out of scrap lumber and wood sort refuse. Concerned here! Good to be back. The devilish children who speak who climb of said baskets should stick to their craft with neighboring tress. I have urged in the past to make said baskets of heavier material so that they can withstand the brute force of unwielding children and pompous buglars yet no one has taken issue. Get back to me Philly Cheez! Got to go Sister is getting fitted for a tupee. As always "Let those sweet babies soar...I'm out"
bkaplan10
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:57:52 AM

Do we still have problems with pompous buglars on courses? Are they hiding behind trees, waiting to jump out and play their bugles as someone is in the process of throwing? How do we stop such a nuisance?!