Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Night disc golf??? Options
wertyuio
Posted: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 3:44:40 AM

help What courses allow night play around here? I heard a while back that the new course in hamilton(Morris rd.) allowed it, But i havent found anything confirming that...and is that course playable now?help
kmaupin
Posted: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 9:20:12 AM

Big Biscuit wrote:
11:25 PM I just got in from T.P. Man what an awesome night. On long #3 a newbee thru a 300 ft drive in the dark. On short #3 1st round ,I shanked one into the water. GOOD NEWS After spending 15 minutes under 3 ft of water,I was able to play the rest of the night with no problems. The Quest is one tough light disc! On hole #5 I witnessed the first (line drive / hit every chain in the basket/spit out/night flight duece on record. Thompson Park owners plan to expand to 18 holes A.S.A.P. I stopped by Applebees on the way home looking for sponsorships for both Thompson Parks back 9 and for the new Milliken Woods 18. Again anyone who wishes to help clear Hueston Woods contact Hank at (513)858 3472 or sweetees.discgolf@zoomtown.com Thanks Big Biscuit@360 degrees

The Northern lights thread discusses options about night golf, at this moment the Thompson Park 9 hole course has a decent setup for night golf. The F.T.C.P course in Fairfield Township isn't quite there yet, it can be done but the signage isn't up and I would only consider trying it if an official event was scheduled there(and currently there are none).
Big Biscuit
Posted: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 4:50:33 PM

Thompson Park $2 per car entry fee. Tonight the solar domes come on at dark for the 20th straight night. We have a test group,some of these people have attended at least 16 of those nights. The owners took notice of this and informed me they want to install another 9 holes. Its not rocket science, night golf is going to explode when those (90 degree plus) days of summer arrive. That is why we are forming summer night leauges. Leages will start in  late May. You will need to qualify by scoring 2 different 9 hole rounds at both T.P. & F.T.C.P. A total of 4 rounds for your average. Fairfield Township Community Park will grand open its night golf on Saturday April 11th at 7 PM. I will set up an additional 9 holes. All 18 will stay lit until 10:30 PM. Bring your own light disc or I will have Black Jax Sports Disc including about 20 of the Custom Superlites. Remember, this is one of the Northern Lights summer leauge courses so you can use your scores to qualify. Only use the permanent 9 holes to qualify.  By mid summer we will have night events at Hueston Woods. The short 18 Tees will be lit. I dont think we will light Milliken Woods this Fall.( At end of day - its time to play.) See you all out there. Hank