Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Online Membership Options
DanH
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 3:07:49 AM

For those of you that have this forum bookmarked, and never see the news on the home page, the online membership form is live now.  Navigate to it through the menu link: "About Us -> Join".  You can pay with a PayPal account or credit card, so it doesn't cost you real money to be a member anymore wink.
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 10:44:11 PM

Good job Dan, keep it up :)
DanH
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 1:17:14 PM

Bump. The first course challenge is coming up. Save yourself (and Liz) some time the morning of the tournament, and signup online. http://www.cincinnatidiscgolf.com/AboutUs/Join.aspx
13ruce-1337
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 1:35:18 PM

I have been wondering if it was possible to use "funny money" (am payouts) for club memberships or future cc events .. as it is all run by the club ..would it really make a difference.
kmaupin
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 4:26:44 PM

13ruce-1337 wrote:
I have been wondering if it was possible to use "funny money" (am payouts) for club memberships or future cc events .. as it is all run by the club ..would it really make a difference.

I would say that this won't work because those are revenue streams for the club.   The funny money you win at events is tied to the concept of the MSRP for an item and not it's actual cost.  I know they have set payout worksheets for these events and the prices they set for the plastic and such is probably not the actual cost to the club. I am not saying they are doing anything shady but it is just easier to manage if they base the payout scale to match what they sell their discs for. (Fair prices in my opinion, and brings money in to the club)

So $10 funny money is NOT $10

This is all just an opinion and I have NO factual data to prove what I think is true is actually so. =)

Kelly

L_Stephens
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 4:32:13 PM

well..you can prorate funny money...any of us that play online poker..and get Points for winning tournaments...realize there is a reduced value on these points when turned in for merchandise or entry into future tournaments. That $15 prize disc is actually $5 of cash with $10 going to whatever. Thus...if the next tournament is $10...you need to win $30 of funny money to pay for the next entry. The world 'Transparency' is all the rage in Washington these days...I don't think it would hurt much here.
andersab
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 5:03:46 PM

DanH wrote:
Bump. The first course challenge is coming up. Save yourself (and Liz) some time the morning of the tournament, and signup online. http://www.cincinnatidiscgolf.com/AboutUs/Join.aspx

And non-member fee is $3 this year.
13ruce-1337
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 8:17:59 PM

So by Lee's logic a 30 dollar funny money payout should pay for the next non member entry to advanced or perhaps a 1 year membership fee .. Dave Marlow ..care to comment?
chain_shaker
Posted: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 8:32:31 AM

Every time I try to pay for my membership it says that my address isn't valid and I can't do it. Anyone have any ideas?
DanH
Posted: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 9:10:18 AM

For some reason, PayPal is not accepting your address as valid. Please private message me the exact address info you are trying to submit field by field. I may have to modify the way it's sending the address if PayPal is being too picky. Anyone else have problems? Please post or message me if you do. Thanks.
DAMarlow
Posted: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 12:54:09 PM

The GCFDA vouchers or "funny money" as some are calling it are given as payout for those persons who play in the amateur divisions. They can be used to obtain GCFDA mechandise. They can not be used as cash. If you want a payout in cash you will have to play in the pro division.
drx49er
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2009 3:07:50 PM

I joined online over a week ago. The money cleared paypal on 3/25. I received a email from your site acknowledging payment. I was wondering if I can pick up my disc, card and other member stuff at the wednesday league? I'm looking to renew my PDGA membership as well. How long before I will be listed as a GCFDA member so I can save a little money?
Thanks and sorry for all the questions.
Peace
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 6:43:57 PM

drx49er wrote:
I joined online over a week ago. The money cleared paypal on 3/25. I received a email from your site acknowledging payment. I was wondering if I can pick up my disc, card and other member stuff at the wednesday league? I'm looking to renew my PDGA membership as well. How long before I will be listed as a GCFDA member so I can save a little money? Thanks and sorry for all the questions. Peace

My question goes along with this....

If you pay by credit card and do everything online do you recieve all of this material by mail?  And how long should this take so we can watch for packages?
Liz
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:58:58 PM

Sorry, I didn't see this post before. Dayton, you should've received your stuff in the mail last week sometime, if you didn't get it, please let me know. I process memberships periodically depending upon how many I've received, it isn't very efficient to process them one at a time, because when I print out the cards and free disc cards, I'd like to not waste as much card stock paper as possible. I rec'd a membership today, don't know if that was you NatiBuckeye, but I'll probably process it next week. I need to update the current member list to the website - I can't do it from my home computer, so that's the reason for the delay, thanks for reminding me.
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 10:04:09 PM

that was me i wanted to be ready for AJ ccs, completely understandable how you process i appreciate the response.

whats the free disc card?
Liz
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 10:45:20 PM

When you join - you get a free disc - of your choice, so you get a free disc card that you can cash in at any CCS. I can bring your stuff to the AJ Jolly CC or I can put it in the mail next week, it's up to you.