Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Mando/OOB rules Options
greenhills
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:37:59 PM

I was out at Mt. Airy last weekend, and I don't recall the hole #, but I know you all know the one I ask about.   There is a tree marked with a big arrow, where the shot has to go to the right of the tree.  I understand the concept of a mandatory shot, but here is my question:

How do you play it if the shot goes to the wrong side of the tree?  Do you take a one shot penalty and throw from where the disc landed?  Or, do you walk it back in bounds and play it?

Also, if someone could just clarify the whole out of bounds thing too.....

thanks
andersab
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 1:13:45 PM

You can find the competition manual here (http://www.pdga.com/documents/pdga-rules-of-play)

You should read sections 803.09 (ob) and 803.12 (mandos).  Basically, you re-tee if you miss a mando off the tee... OB goes from where it was last in bounds (+ 1 meter from OB, if you want).

But anyways, you can read...
greenhills
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 1:40:54 PM

Thanks, very helpful

The falling putt thing confuses me. Does this mean you cannot follow through towards the basket?
kmaupin
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 1:57:31 PM

Within 30 ft or 10 m you can not move towards the basket during your shot, you must maintain this control. For example, I bend down and pick up my marker as a normal course of action to show control before I retrieve my disc from the chains. ;)
greenhills
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 7:47:00 AM

Do they call the penalty for a falling putt very often?
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 8:30:02 AM

Depends on your group in tournament play. If its a rules infraction they should call it since it is our responsibility to self govern during play.

I usually will pull someone aside the first time and let them know its not allowed. After that they would get their formal warning in front of the group. If the person still keeps doing it after two times of warning, I figure they just want the extra strokes. I've only had to give out a stroke once in 6 years and it was because of courtesy violations because a guy was having a bad day and tried to share it with everyone around him.