Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Best Places to get a disc Options
Lingo1976
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2009 1:18:06 AM

Thanks for the plug there Rob, however TheNatiDiscGolf.com's online store is current down since we had to box everything up to get ready to move to the shop. The site and the shop will both be open soon........

J-son
I3u6sIe
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2009 10:06:34 PM

Yes, Idlewild Pond is great, I just contributed a Z Surge there thursday, slightly left of the basket about 5 feet out from the island lol. But I personally like SweeTees and I also do a lot of shopping on Discgolfcenter.com. You get to choose weight, plastic, color, and depending on how much u spend total you get discounts. Each time you order it adds all of your order totals together and you can fall in different discount brackets which is nice. But I'd say SweeTees is your best bet. Has a nice variety, however there is more innova than discraft. Competitive prices, local, and great ownership. Can't go wrong shopping there.
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 5:59:44 PM

sounds like i should break out my scuba gear go to idlewild and stock up for the season
Rob J
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 7:20:23 PM

if you do, remember to go out way left of the pin too. when there is thin ice, discs can slide a long way out and then -- in a great tragedy cry  -- slowly slip/melt into the drink over a period of hours or days shocked

i lost some jk aviars that way wave
Eric Simpson
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 8:06:04 PM

Also, the pond between the temp tee 2a and temp basket 2a of last year's doubles layout claimed more than a few...
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 8:52:06 PM

lol i always wanted a JK Aviar
J_Trumbull
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 10:53:21 PM

I would say price wise the best place to get a disc is Sweetee's. If you can make a drive to Disc n Dat, the selection can never be beat, but i've gotten my bag completly revamped and improved at Sweetee's and saved a buttload of money too.
BrandonBradshaw
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 11:47:26 PM

Disc N Dat is by far the best place I have ever done business with (physically and online) for my disc golf needs. Dan has competitive prices, a vast selection, and is extremely knowledgeable about all his products. They are friendly and always willing to help with any questions I may have. I live in Amelia, OH and I find that it's worth the extra drive time to shop there versus more local places that sell disc golf equipment. That's not to say other vendors aren't good as well, it's just that the service and satisfaction I have received from doing business there has made me loyal customer. I have never been to Sweetee's personally, but I have heard many good things about that store too.
discndat
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 4:27:29 PM

Thanks for the kind words Brandon and thanks to you and everyone who has supported us over the years. I think we are lucky in this area to have the courses we have and the people who promote disc golf, such as the GCFDA, Hank, Fred and myself. Keep it up everybody. We all try to help promote the sport and provide disc golfers with what they need to have fun and enjoy the sport.
chief32
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:03:48 AM

Has anyone thrown the Innova R-Pro Dart?
Lingo1976
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 10:33:18 PM

THE NATI DISC GOLF shop at Mt. Airy is now open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is possibly the best place to get your discs now. Hours now are 1pm - 7pm Mon - Sun for the time being. However, if it is raining we may not be open. New R-Pro Darts and Aviars are in. We also carry every disc that Innova carries and most that Discraft carries. Not to mention all your other needs, bags, towels, mini's, Ultrastars, clothing, beverages, and don't forget to check out The Nati shirts while you are there.

J-son
greenhills
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:01:49 AM

Where in Mt. Airy are you? Is it that white building down at the end of the road? Do you take credit cards?

thanks
andersab
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:20:26 AM

chief32 wrote:
Has anyone thrown the Innova R-Pro Dart?

Did at BG, hated it
Lingo1976
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 9:33:08 AM

Yes we are in the white building at the end of the road (Pine Ridge Lodge) and as of yesterday we do take the plastic!

J-son
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:08:41 PM

Does The Nati offer a discount for members?

I know DiscnDat does and it was much appreciated
woottebs
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 12:12:22 PM

in my opinion, aside from websites, the best place to get discs in the tri state is the new mt airy pro shop. I'm not too sure how prices compare to others, but as far as selection goes, you can't beat it. Plus, you got a course right outside to test out your new stuff. p.s. i would like to see some of the new pro-d line drivers, havent been able to find them anywhere.
but, if you feel like drivin out to dayton, hazy shades is pretty sweet too.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:16:32 PM

wootebs, we have the Pro D Force, Surge, Avenger, Avenger SS, Zone in stock. Don't have them on the website yet. Also, got in some nice new clear and opaque Evolution Magic, Voodoos, Savage and Apache. The Savage and Apache are Gateways newest distance drivers. We also just got in some really sweet CFR discs from Innova with the 09 Bluegrass Open stamp on them: CFR Champion Destroyers, CFR Champion Gators, CFR Champion Glow Destroyers and STAR Ontario Rocs. Sweeeet.
disc golfer girl
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 11:12:46 AM

We do offer club discounts for members at the Sweetees Shop in Fairfield and we do take sign ups for new membership. I agree with Dan that we Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky do offer the best locations and selections for all disc golfing needs to everyone in the Cincinnati/Nothern Kentucky area. I know many disc golfers who complain that they have no shops and can only buy on line and don't have the options that we do in this area. Good Job everybody. We have some of the best promoters in the area!
sexylemming
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 6:25:56 PM

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=100140082397917534758.00046ce2f1ca5a85a6f9e I made a little map for people of all the stores I could find in the area. I left off the gas station and Wildberries in Oxford because I don't know where they are. If the link doesn't work just search Google Maps for "Disc Golf Stores Cinci". Anyone can edit it so just add in anything I missed, like local Dicks or Play-It-Agains or anything.
StorminSteve
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 10:57:57 PM

Please support your local disc stores, not Dick's !!! Does Dick's give you a discount or support local disc golf ? NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grant
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 3:13:02 PM

i have never seen any good disc at dicks.....