Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Sumac Attack PDGA C-tier August 29th 2009 Monroe Community DGC Options
ItsAllGood
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 10:28:34 PM
Rank: Tree Hukker

Joined: 8/2/2009
Posts: 10
Tim Thanks again for giving my son th Buzz he lost!!! Holly Great Tourny we had a very good time!
StorminSteve
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 10:34:07 PM

Rank: Veteran

Joined: 6/4/2009
Posts: 225
Location: Land of the FREE
Again if you look at the "HOME" page you will see it posted with links and dates Etc. Go play Hueston Woods I hear it isn't to busy right now.
DanH
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2009 1:31:58 AM

Rank: Extreme Veteran

Joined: 4/4/2006
Posts: 515
Location: Lebanon, OH
Thanks Holly, Brian G, Ryan S, anyone else that helped run the show. I had a great time.

I guess we can try to do a better job of warning people that a course will be closed on the home page. It honestly didn't occur to me that casual players would check the website about such things. Most have never heard of the website.

L_Stephens
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2009 7:29:00 AM

Rank: Extreme Veteran

Joined: 7/6/2008
Posts: 437
After a funfilled day of discgolf...and a 7pm to 7am night of work...now...I lay down and sleep...and dream of my free burritos.
topherb
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2009 2:18:31 PM

Rank: Extreme Veteran

Joined: 5/20/2009
Posts: 416
Location: 859
morticite wrote:


it is/was not posted on the home page events. that is where i would think to look for all events i might run into. great, i can drive out there and look on the board to find out? come on... the home page is so stale (things from april still there). only reason i posted in this thread is it was the only place i could find information (and this was after the fact). i don't play tourneys so dont look here. i enjoy the game and dont need a tourney to put a regiment into something fun. for those who do, good for you. all i am saying is keep the events page current so i don't waste my time.


well there is another park right down the road !!!
topherb
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2009 2:20:39 PM

Rank: Extreme Veteran

Joined: 5/20/2009
Posts: 416
Location: 859
morticite wrote:


it is/was not posted on the home page events. that is where i would think to look for all events i might run into. great, i can drive out there and look on the board to find out? come on... the home page is so stale (things from april still there). only reason i posted in this thread is it was the only place i could find information (and this was after the fact). i don't play tourneys so dont look here. i enjoy the game and dont need a tourney to put a regiment into something fun. for those who do, good for you. all i am saying is keep the events page current so i don't waste my time.



and yes it was posted!!!
morticite
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2009 4:48:12 PM

Rank: Tree Hukker

Joined: 9/10/2006
Posts: 23
No it wasn't. And, typically, you are missing the point.
Tim Tim
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2009 5:24:21 PM

Rank: Veteran

Joined: 2/9/2009
Posts: 203
Location: Monroe, OH
ItsAllGood wrote:
Tim Thanks again for giving my son th Buzz he lost!!! Holly Great Tourny we had a very good time!


nooooooooo problem! thumbsup
osu_buckeyes
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2009 6:19:36 PM

Rank: Regular

Joined: 4/15/2008
Posts: 58
Location: Columbus, OH
Quote:
No it wasn't. And, typically, you are missing the point.


OK maybe the date and course could have been stated a little more clearly on the homepage, however they were both listed. The following is a direct quote from the home page showing both the date and course (albeit the date was in the title and not the body of the event):

Quote:
Sumac Attack PDGA on 8/29/09

[Tournament logo]

A PDGA C Tier by Holly Williams at Monroe park.  CTP's on all 24 holes!  For more info, see the website: www.sumacattack.com


Thanks Holly, Brian, Ken and everyone else for putting on the tournament. I had an awesome time and played in some great groups. Taking home a few CTPs that included a DVD and a dry fit collared shirt is a pretty awesome bonus to a good day of golf!
topherb
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2009 6:43:53 PM

Rank: Extreme Veteran

Joined: 5/20/2009
Posts: 416
Location: 859
morticite wrote:
No it wasn't. And, typically, you are missing the point.


I didn't miss your point at all !
schick
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2009 7:38:40 PM
Rank: Regular

Joined: 5/4/2008
Posts: 59
Location: Columbus
Thanks Holly and everyone who helped out! Congrats to Dave and especially Rebecca for an amazing 68 that first round.....keep it up youngster.
scampionh
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2009 11:50:53 PM
Rank: Tree Hukker

Joined: 7/11/2007
Posts: 10
L_Stephens wrote:
Geez...can we stop with the sandbagging references. Donovan is playing well within his rating. The difference between the bottom of INT..900...and the top of INT....935....is 3.5 putts per round of 18 holes. Sandbagging should be reserved to nonmembers of the PDGA that play a tournament at their home course in the lowest division allowed....not for someone that has a long history of PDGA Sanctioned play and is playing within the guidelines set forth by the Competition Committee. Donovan has two career INT wins...one in 2007 at The Gulley, one in 2008 at Turtle Creek....maybe he can do a new Northside sweep and put Monroe under his belt. If you want to win a tournament..you gotta go out and earn it...you can't just wait for everyone to play in a division above where they should be and you sneak out a win. If you go out and shoot your best...and you still get beat...you did the best you could and should be proud...if you play like crap...and still win..there is no glory in that. But I digress...I forget where I am...I'm in the home of the Bungles...where a 'win is a win'...no matter how it was achieved ;) Go Falcons!

 Thanks for the lecture dad.......
nienaber
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2009 10:51:20 AM
Rank: Veteran

Joined: 7/24/2008
Posts: 248
Location: Hamilton
I will wear my bags of sand with honor! and if I can state again I play intermediate because of consistancy -10 one round +1 the next round.

As far as the upset guy who drove all that way...he could still have played, I mean there weren't many slow downs or you could of went to Harbin (15 minutes) Turtlecreek/Mason Sports (10 minutes) or you could have stopped at one of the excellent courses I would assume you would pass on your way home.

But even still it is kind of interesting to be so abrasive when the course you would be playing at is free and even though a tournament was going on the course was not closed.

Cincinnati disc golf club does an excellent job of sponsoring and marketing their tournaments on their front page so in the end you wasted your own time.

But just in case you make a trip I think there is a Best in Dayton at Sycamore this weekend so don't go there saturday and the Course Challenge at Turtle Creek is soon so watch out for that and the Flying PIg is like October 17th so Harbin and Mount Airy shouldn't be travled too that weekend

Holly...thanks again for putting on another solid event
Holly W
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2009 12:23:39 PM
Rank: Veteran

Joined: 6/2/2008
Posts: 228
I want to personally thank everyone who came out and played, the ratings are up but are off due to skipping hole #21 the first round, the TD report will be sent in today, Check out the Buck Creek Open October 10th in Springfield, Thanks again
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

YAFPro Theme Created by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)
Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.7 running under DotNetNuke.
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.