Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

New to the forum Options
Jonesy
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2009 1:15:37 PM

Hello all

New to the forum, but have visited the site quite often to get information on the local courses.  Been playing for about 2 years now and still trying to get the hang of it.  We just started up a mini church league at the church I attend.  We've been trying to play at different courses the past few sunday's and have had a great responce from those that showed up.  Had 20 people show up the first outing of which 15 had never played before.  We went to boone woods the first couple times to ease the new players into the sport.  We then went to Mt Airy last week and had a great time, and I think this week we are going to try the park down in fort thomas.

My home course is lincoln ridge (banklick is what I'll always call it) since I live 10 minutes away.  I try to stop out there at least once or twice a week to throw a few.  I would love to meet up with some of the more experienced players and learn to improve my game.  I've thought about trying the wednesday night doubles at banklick but I didn't know how competetive and how high of a skill level is needed to play.

JT Jones
ahlavac
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2009 4:02:51 PM

Welcome Jonesy!
L_Stephens
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2009 6:07:20 PM

Yea...Welcome Jonesy. Wednesday Night doubles would be perfect for you...heck..it's perfect for anyone. The skill range is anywhere from a seasoned pro to a person playing their first month. It's all fun. It is random draw...so you could be paired with a pro...or a newbie...but either way you'll most likely be playing on the same card as a pro..and can learn from them. It's amazing what you can learn quickly from great players...I finally learned how to put watching Al-man....amazing things happen :)
Jonesy
Posted: Monday, June 08, 2009 7:02:34 AM

Thanks for the welcome. I think I may try to make it out to banklick this wednesday.
TX Hemi
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 5:00:49 AM

Hey Jonesy would you and any of the others in your leauge want to come a try the new object course at Landmark? We are having a men's night on Sept 26th.