Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Gateway Magic Options
mikekem
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:22:17 PM

Can someone help me?  I'm trying to figure out which Gateway Magic I need as the descriptions for Gatway stiffness are hard to interrupret.  The magic I have was in a Bowling Green players pack and was the shade and consistency of an eraser.  It says soft on the back and it is fairly floppy.  I've been told I won't find anything like this run being made right now.  I'm wondering what the closest thing to it is now.  The Soft or the Stupid Super Soft? 

Like I said Gateways plastics are a mystery to me. The Soft Wizard I have is harder than most of my standard plastic putters in the garage.
Madmike
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:54:34 PM

i have a 1000 rated migic i got from the monroe course challenge it says soft but its like my dx aviar its a 175 as well i dont use it at all
NKYgoalie
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 10:01:56 PM

PM'ed
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 8:36:12 AM

I asked Dave Mac the very same question on the pdage message board. He said the SS Magics they are running now are pretty close. My BG magic has worn so much that the flight plate is completely dented in now so I need to find something pretty soon to match it.
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 9:49:46 AM

Mike - Gateway's firmness on putters does differ alot; it's usually a matter of picking up and feeling alot of their discs to find the one that feels best to you. One thing Dave from Gateway has always told me is that they soften up after use. I have found very few of their discs to be really floppy, except maybe for the gummy Evolution plastic ones.
cali
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 9:36:05 AM

Gateway makes the best putters but you will almost never find the same consistency going from run to run.
StorminSteve
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 2:58:26 PM

cali wrote:
Gateway makes the best putters but you will almost never find the same consistency going from run to run.

The best way to buy Gateway putters is from a local store so you can actually feel and hold the disc before buying one.  Sweetees (Fairfield), Disc n' Dat (NKY), and Hazy Shade (Dayton) all are exclusive Gateway dealers and will make purchasing a putter that feels great in your hand a lot easier.
cali
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:34:48 PM

Steve hit it dead on. I myself throw SS Wizards and have a nice stack of backups that are all the same consistency because I have bought out several shipments from Hazy Shade.