Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Pride Park Options
Meow_Mix
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2009 7:03:36 PM

Fred, One basket was laying on the ground and 5 holes are in very poor shape. Sometimes you just have to roll with it and take matters into your own hands. If the parks want to help out, thats great! If not, then I/we must be the "parks department" and get the heart beat back in Pride thumbsup
agentdozzer
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2009 8:27:56 PM

I talked to the parks guy he says he is to busy to work on the course, he sounded as he thought the club was gonna do it. I emailed the mayor? and suggested teepads and mulch on the bulldozed path. The park guy said he would build bridges but not across the big creek where the there are three holes. It would be ideal to move those holes across the creek, i dont thnk any one would stop us so why not. Mix is right about the baskets coming out of the ground, they could become easy targets for thieves. I cleaned seven this weekend and am gonna try and trim the tree on 13, not sure i have the tools i need.
Meow_Mix
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2009 10:37:56 PM

Hi Agent-Jeff...I just seen your post about helping out. You are more than welcome to help out. I have played Pride over the past several years time to time. The course seems to be getting a little worse with every year. With that said, it got to the point where a buddy and I are just going to fix up the course. Far as "work days", they comes in spurts. I just decide at that moment to go and work on Pride. If you want to plan a day in the near future, I am down and know a few others that would help out. I guess the goal for me is to do a complete trim of the course, flatten the tee pads, add rock steps on holes that need it, and a few small 6' and under bridges (They are very cheap to build and will last for many years). On the creek hole (holes 11-13 I think), I was going to build bad a$$ rock steps from one side to the other. I have years of hardscape under my belt, so it would be a fun and effective project. Thanks for helping Jeff. If you get a spurt of work in you, trimming some over grown branches and down trees would be great. Next time I am out there, I am going to re-dig those baskets that are lose...as you know. After I seen 15(I think) lying on the ground, I was like...ok...time to work on the course and get this baby going!
Fred Salaz
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 1:37:06 PM

You still need to call or email. Have you guys come up with some type of redsign?
Meow_Mix
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 6:37:20 PM

Hello Fred!

I have no idea about the redesign. I was going to clear the fairways that have trees down and clean up the brush. If you can give me this summer Fred, the course will be in great condition. Just need a summer to get the course up to par. For example, 5 baskets could come out with no effort, and 1 was laying on the ground. I was going to re-dig the holes. The whole thing about the parks department is, if the clean up is in our hands then I am wanting to go and fix the course up. :-) Free help.....can't beat it!!
agentdozzer
Posted: Saturday, May 09, 2009 4:13:56 PM

I moved the basket for number nine up the hill about five feet and forward about ten. I did this in hopes the basket will stay in the ground, it does make the hole a little different. I have some ideas about the redesign, just no experience. I am trying to piece the layout together to add some holes and make the layout better. By adding i mean taking the creek holes and some others and moving them. Sorry if any of you dont like me moving the basket, i just couldnt see me getting it to stay in the ground where it was.
Meow_Mix
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 8:12:07 AM

well...doing something is better than doing nothing.
dobbins66
Posted: Monday, July 06, 2009 10:48:47 AM

Hey guys, I was in Cincy over the weekend and Pride Park was only 5 minutes from where I was staying so I stopped by to try it. Wanted to let people know that the Basket on #12 is missing. Looks like it was recently pulled from the ground and there were what looked like ATV tracks around there. This is Jerry D from Lexington.
agentdozzer
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2009 7:47:21 PM

Went today and the course looked very good, the trimming on five is awesome nice fairway with lots of the tall weeds still left. Alot of holes had the down trees cut and removed from fairways. The big one on seven is still there but someone got alot off of the top half. The basket is missing i am gonna call the parks and tell them the course looks good but one of the baskets is gone.
BlaznJason
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 11:46:50 PM

Played this course again with my buddy on a whim. Last year we were torn up by this course during 100degree heat index and swore we would never go back('The Jungle' -- No bridge, killer horseflys on the back 9, Up/Down/Up/Down, etc). We laughed when we saw the pictures posted on the site here because it's the best version of each hole on pride park, not the crazy overgrown monstrosity.

We scored 53 and 57 respectively, and felt pretty good about it today. The course is trimmed up definitely in 2009 compared to 2008.

P.S. Were there any Par 4's or is it all Par 3?

Overall, if a bridge was put in on the back 9 I think we would visit this course 6-8 times a year, but otherwise it's a novelty hiking-first disc-second course.
The Dark
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:45:18 PM

Just played this course for the first time the other day. A few comments:

- #12 basket is still gone, and the tee area is now completely trash-strewn. I'm shocked that the park has completely ignored this.
- The need for a bridge seems to be bigger than ever. The areas used to cross the river have become very eroded.
- #5 now has a clear fairway, but the hole would be truly great if the weeds to the left were taken down.
- Sign to #17 is down again.
- #9 basket looks like it might fall out of the ground soon.
- General overgrowth problems (I'll go ahead and single out #10 as the worst offender)

Other than that I thouroughly enjoyed the course, and think it has the potential to be something great. I'd be glad to help with any redesign and cleanup work that the course might need.

soundmind
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2009 5:10:29 PM

I talked to mark the guy in charge,he said he its not been abandon and they are not selling me baskets.
he has been waiting 4 the local disc golf association 2 fix it and said baskets need to be moved on the same side of creek until it is redesigned by local disc golfers
Valet
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2009 7:29:53 AM

I went to Pride Park yeterday to check out the course. I've never played there before and actually have only been playing for a week (3 courses in Illinois and a few times at Lincoln Ridge). Well, I played the first 8 holes without incident, but never found the 9th tee. I strolled down the path for quite some time until I just gave up. I did see the 16th tee along the way, but nothing else. Any idea what's going on? Are they in the process of moving some things around?
topherb
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2009 9:45:27 AM

It can get confusing the first time you play there your best bet is to play with someone that knows it the first time you play.