Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Harbin Options
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:20:32 PM

18 This hole really stumps me.
jpaul6
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:44:40 PM

I think Grant has an answer for this hole. At least he did last Friday...pin high, 15 ft. from the basket.
grant
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:00:23 PM

BOSS hog FTW
L_Stephens
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:31:11 PM

Seems the R-Pro Bosses will really hold a turnover line once you've beat them in a little...so..if you need a long distance turnover that remembers to stable up at the very end...which it seems Hole #18 at Harbin is...then this may be the disc for you.

I've seen some people throw off the back of the teepad to the right of the trees in the middle...then a short approach to the basket and a pretty easy 3...last time I was there...they were trying to plant some Pine trees thru there...so that may not be a good future option.
nienaber
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:12:08 PM

forehand then thumber then putt...or champion boss s curve (generally i don't do it right and throw it over the tree line on the left onto 10's fairway) over the trees in the middle and do like jeff madden did and deuce it at Harbin Rat
ahlavac
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2009 9:34:32 AM

I'm with nienaber. Long forehand to the left of the tree patch on the right, bending back right, hopefully landing on the fairway. Then a thumber to the basket. Then putt. I only par it about half the time because my execution often doesn't match my plan...
Brad_H
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2009 10:39:14 AM

Just a high anhyzer over the tree patch. Thumber is a good approach shot for this hole.
Tim Tim
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:28:51 AM

Just played this hole well today actually! Anhyzered a XS over the middle tree which left me about 110 ft. Then backhand approached with GT banger for a 5 ft. par putt  thumbsup

Maybe someday my anhyzer will go as far as Madden's so I can skip the upshot and work on the birdie putt!
Billy Page
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 8:52:18 PM

Anhyzer is definitely the way to go on 18. A good rip just over the main island of trees leaves you with either a short approach or long putt. Does anybody know if there has been a deuce on four?
I3u6sIe
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 11:09:07 PM

Can someone plz explain to me the purpose of the thumber on 18? Theres no obstacles to clear, seems like a pretty basic hole that requires no shot of this magnatude. Regardless if you decide to go left or right of the tree patch, a simple backhand makes a pretty good second shot. Maybe Im missing something here that the more experienced players may know...fill me in.
pcaldwell
Posted: Sunday, January 03, 2010 10:33:34 PM

Billy Page wrote:
. Does anybody know if there has been a deuce on four?

I deuced it either the first or 2nd year.  Threw an XL (max flex) over the hill.  Stuck a putter from there. 
pcaldwell
Posted: Sunday, January 03, 2010 10:37:28 PM

oops
finnhawc
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2010 4:02:24 AM

I3u6sIe wrote:
Can someone plz explain to me the purpose of the thumber on 18? Theres no obstacles to clear, seems like a pretty basic hole that requires no shot of this magnatude. Regardless if you decide to go left or right of the tree patch, a simple backhand makes a pretty good second shot. Maybe Im missing something here that the more experienced players may know...fill me in.

Some, folks throw the thumber as a dependable (if it doesn't rip your shoulder apart) straight shot from 50ft. to 350ft.  My arm says no friggin way!  I wish I had one for over 350ft., indeed. I think you are correct the backhand is usually the upshot here. Sometimes, though, the trees make it trickier.
topherb
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2010 10:25:49 AM

I had a deuce pop out of the basket during a tourney! It went from yeah to ooooooo!
topherb
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2010 10:27:54 AM

I3u6sIe wrote:

some players only throw overhands. I have a deadly thumber but you won't see me using on that hole
b. barnett
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2010 10:35:00 PM

This past summer deuce on 4. x pred to top of hill and flx drone almost no chains all basket.
Sc0rch3d
Posted: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 11:21:41 AM

NatiBuckeye wrote:
18 This hole really stumps me.

take any understable disc and throw it on a D line(crushing w/out much concern for accuracy) out over the bush that stands alone. So throw it hyzer just like u would when ur pullin a valkyrie off ur hip for max distance.....you do not want a D line that ends up in a slow speed fade so ur gonna more so make the disc punch down and forward as its going thru the long right hand bend directly towards the basket(or throw it on a lower shelf,. say25ft.... Rip a few off the tee pad, tweek it....do it again! Even if u can only throw between 350- 400ft  ur likely to be looking at a 75ft putt here because this drive is designed to add 50ft anyway . I look for a right bending "boomerang shape" instead of the typical flex or flip shot. I get better looks on this basket everytime I use this shot. Good luck on your dueces there....lawrence
topherb
Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2010 9:41:29 AM

Sc0rch3d wrote:

take any understable disc and throw it on a D line(crushing w/out much concern for accuracy) out over the bush that stands alone. So throw it hyzer just like u would when ur pullin a valkyrie off ur hip for max distance.....you do not want a D line that ends up in a slow speed fade so ur gonna more so make the disc punch down and forward as its going thru the long right hand bend directly towards the basket(or throw it on a lower shelf,. say25ft.... Rip a few off the tee pad, tweek it....do it again! Even if u can only throw between 350- 400ft  ur likely to be looking at a 75ft putt here because this drive is designed to add 50ft anyway . I look for a right bending "boomerang shape" instead of the typical flex or flip shot. I get better looks on this basket everytime I use this shot. Good luck on your dueces there....lawrence

LOL
alex.e
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 12:16:09 AM

Hole 1...I am stumped...IDK if it is just my lack of an arm for this type of shot or technique...I seem to have trouble keeping the disc down out of the wind yet have seen people rip a big hyzer spike right up to or further than the basket...I am currently throwing a destroyer (new addition to the bag) on a hyzer and everything looks good until it suddenly dies about 40-60 feet short of the basket. What does the 340' really equate to? 400', 420'? I have tried throwing on a straight plane right at the base of the basket yet still end up 40' off the ground at end of flight? Is it just my shortcomings or am I missing out on the local route? If it is the former I will accept defeat and settle for par. BTW a tern is my go to for distance...average about 380'-400' on flat ground.
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 6:20:44 AM

Elevation and distance:
for every 10 feet of elevation (+/-) it will require about 30 feet of distance(+/-).
Ex. hole distance is 300 feet with an increase of 15 feet in elevation, would require a throw of 345 feet.

Other issues to consider for hole 1 at Harbin are wind speed and direction, and the sloped tee pad. Other issues are based on the throwers abilities, form and technique...I am unsure as to the actual measured elevation for that hole but I would take a guess that it may require a throw of 25+feet so it would be the same as ripping a drive of 365+ on a normal flat hole.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 8:32:03 AM

The teepads on the first 3 holes at harbin are all tilted from front to back. Add to that the uphill nature of the shot on no1, it tends to make the average rec/int players come up short. If you really want to feel bad I've seen a group of local pros step up one after the other and park that hole with midranges. Makes me feel like I need to practice a lot more lol.
Zepledelin
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 9:49:48 AM

Practice you play pretty much. I've only been playing tourneys almost 0 practice. Makes me think it isn't always about practice. If you always drive the same and practice that way you'll get a little farther little more distance. Perfect form practice same thing. Practice helps no doubt but the best players have a talent advantage. If it wasn't for people like me that suck how would you know somebody else was so good.lol