Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Lexington Ice Bowl IX Options
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 4:23:16 PM

Anyone know detailed information about this?  Its alot closer than the BG stuff so im tempted to go. 

What course is the tourney at?
Anyone have good directions?
Anyone going?
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 4:25:26 PM

Ok I found the Information at http://www.bdga.org/

However I dont know the area well so whats it like?
I3u6sIe
Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 9:52:38 PM

I'm definately going but need to get good directions myself. However Riney B was the course I had a hard time finding in lexington and this tournament is only shilito and veterans. I really enjoy playing in lexington but thats me. I honestly dont remember much about the courses, however I do remember shilito is easy even for myself (898 rating). Every hole as far as I can remember is deucable. Veterans on the other hand, I dont remember much about it. I'm not much help on course advice, but I'm already registered and looking forward to it, although I dont think Lyle with be running it this year, could be wrong...
lexingtonbdga
Posted: Sunday, February 07, 2010 12:49:12 PM

Hey guys,
This is Drew Smith.

Heres some quick info for you before I head out to do some work out at Shillito today;

We'll be starting at Veterans Park. Sign in is at 8-8:45 am and Players meeting at 9am with tee off at 9:30am.
We'll be playing 18 holes at Vets (holes 5-6 will be taken out of play and replaced with 2 temp holes due to those holes being pretty trecherous during this time of year). We'll then break for lunch then begin the second round at Shillio Park. Lunch will be served (Chili and another tasty dish) for a small donation. Also if everything goes according to schedule we'll be playing the new Shillito Layout.

For more info check out our message boards in the Veterans Park section.    http://bdga.hyperboards.com/index.php
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 8:45:42 PM

whats the snow totals like down there?
andersab
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 9:46:12 PM

NatiBuckeye wrote:
whats the snow totals like down there?

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/USKY1079?lswe=Lexington,%20KY,%20United%20States&from=searchbox_typeahead

I3u6sIe
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 11:05:48 PM

anyone have an approximate address for veterans? Navi is useless without an approx destination and I have no clue how to get there
L_Stephens
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 11:31:20 PM

37.954016, -84.503933 or 37° 57' 14" N, 84° 30' 14" W
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 3:15:59 PM

andersab

that doesnt tell me how many inches are currently on the ground....

The word from the man in charge is they recieved 6 inches with about 2-3" on the ground currently with increases in areas because of drifting.  So you can expect snow to still be on the ground saturday, If your like me that may make a difference on your trip.  Just thought I would pass the info along..
finnhawc
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 7:38:13 PM

NatiBuckeye wrote:
andersab

that doesnt tell me how many inches are currently on the ground....

The word from the man in charge is they recieved 6 inches with about 2-3" on the ground currently with increases in areas because of drifting.  So you can expect snow to still be on the ground saturday, If your like me that may make a difference on your trip.  Just thought I would pass the info along..

According to Donovan and Alman it is pretty clear down in Lexington as of Wednesday  when there played both courses. Of course, this is just hearsay. Don't expect any snow by Saturday if the temps stay in the upper 30's with sun, as forecasted.thumbsup laugh
lexingtonbdga
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 10:16:22 PM

I'm guessing with the traffic at Vets and Shillito and the above freezing temps most of the pads will be clear. I was out at Vets and there were several bare spots already. The thing with the snow and all is that the feild will be leveled so your ratings arnt going to tank because everyone is playing under the same conditions.
StorminSteve
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2010 7:03:40 PM

Congrats Mad Mike on your win !!