Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

The Boss Options
dirtball
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2010 12:18:05 AM

anyone throw it? any opinions? i just ordered one, more or less out of curiosity. just wondering what anyone thinks of it?
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2010 10:01:23 AM

Just hope you get the least overstable one! I have thrown about 8 different Boss's. Some new, some beat up and i have to say, i prefer a well seasoned one better! A brand new one out of the box, is very overstable. But once you hit a bunch of trees they can fly beautifully!!! Just cross your fingers!
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2010 10:30:53 AM

I prefer the Pro Boss for pure distance and grip. I use my Champion Boss for wind distance and am not using the R-Pro much any more. They beat up way too quick for me and they are already light and understable.
dirtball
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2010 12:53:35 PM

right on, thanks. i'm curious. to bad it snowed like all hell. i'll have to wait for the snow to clear up a bit before i can toss it around.
cali
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:17:58 PM

What plastic/weight?

I have thrown a lot of Bosses and they vary quite a bit from plastic to plastic. Here's my experience with each.

FR Champ - Predictably straight with a touch of fade. I love these things but can't find any for less than 30-40 bucks which sucks because I'd love to stock up on them.
Feldberg Champ - Beefy as hell, one of the most overstable discs brand new but will beat in straight after about 1000 tree hits.
Star - I've had both domey and flat Star Bosses, the domey ones tend to beat in flippy pretty quick while the flat ones are more overstable and tend to stay that way.
R-Pro - Would make a good chew toy for your dog.
Pro - My personal favorite, although they do tend to beat in flippy after a few rogue tree hits here and there. They have the best grip/glide IMO. Just keep them off those wooded holes because I have destroyed a couple from the first tree hit.

Still wanting to pick up a NS and a Sparkle to give a test run. LMK if you got one you can let go of!
dirtball
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 10:30:59 PM

thanks a lot. thats a nice bit of info. i have a r-pro, and from what i have read they chew up way easy. i mainly throw it in the more open drives. but it's getting flippy on me and i've only thrown it about 75 times. so, i;m not excited about it dying on me. i might need to beef it up and get a champ of sorts. i did plow i into a tree 2 days back and put a nice dent in both the disc and the tree. so we'll see how she goes from there.
Erik
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2010 8:58:40 AM

cali wrote:
Feldberg Champ - Beefy as hell, one of the most overstable discs brand new but will beat in straight after about 1000 tree hits.

That would explain why mine is still overstable even after having the disc since they were released... Guess I need to hit some more trees!
Phil Miller
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2010 9:56:44 AM

I have a 175 Star that is pretty stable that I use for windier days. I have 1 r-pro that is pretty much a roller now. 2 Pro 175 which are my favorites as well.
jpaul6
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 5:29:38 PM

"R-Pro - Would make a good chew toy for your dog."

That's what my new r-pro looks like after 2 rounds. I may have a control problem.
Madmike
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 6:07:10 PM

I only like the champs FR are great so great in fact the lake at idlewild likes to eat them (I have two in there if anyone found them) As for the signature champs I love em great for my huge annie shots as well as those nice big sidearm throws
Erik
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:01:00 PM

Madmike wrote:
I only like the champs FR are great so great in fact the lake at idlewild likes to eat them (I have two in there if anyone found them) As for the signature champs I love em great for my huge annie shots as well as those nice big sidearm throws

Wonder why there was such a difference between the FR champion and the Feldburg edition.
Erik
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 3:23:36 PM

Shortly after reading this thread I gave up on trying to beat in my Feldberg champion edition and switched to a Star and have been much happier with the disc. I just got an Eco-Star boss this past weekend which has an incredible feel to it. Looking forward to testing it out against a nuke