Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Bowling Green AM's Options
finnhawc
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 1:12:38 PM

Moses wrote:
wiggins is a bagger and there is no reason for him to be at this tourney. someone who won more open touneys then dave cox last year should not be able to play in an am tournament. I don't care how fun it was to play with a pro at an am tourney. he's a schmuck...PERIOD!!!

How old is this schmuck? 16?
Moses
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 1:54:07 PM

he's younger than that but age really isnt the issue her it's rating
Moses
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 1:55:08 PM

understandable mike
gw0904
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 4:44:20 PM

I was at BG as well and talked to a few people about Wiggins. Even when he plays open he doesn't take cash so as not to mess with his amateur status. He is trying to get a college scholarship and would not be eligible to play in college if he is a pro.

He had pretty good competition at BG Ams, and I know of one local who was there that hung tough with him for most of the way (WTG Brandon!)
nienaber
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 7:28:23 PM

but it is soooo much more fun to hate the kid for being a bagger...why do you have to go and steal away our ignorance :)

I saw him throw a few in the final 9 and he has some serious talent. I imagine we'll be hearing about him in the future.
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 7:34:14 PM

After lots of complaining about bagging in the past ive learned the ultimate answer... Just get better. There is no solution to bagging based on the current PDGA rules and regulations. Not to mention the kid is 14. Just because he can throw 700+ in distance comps and is unreal he shouldnt be called a bagger. He is just way better than any young player has ever been in the PDGA.
Tim Tim
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 9:02:50 PM

I just wanna say "thank you" to Matt and his dad for taking me to this and keeping my mind positive/on track the whole weekend. As well as being my caddy and keeping me sane during the finals.... It was an experience I'll never forget =) Also want to thank all of you guys: Matt, Eddy, Kara, my family, Donovan, Brandon, Brad, DJ, Abby, Eric, Mike, and Ken (to name a few) for all the congrats and encouragement going into the final 9 at the tournament! thumbsup

Lost by only 3 strokes but the kid that beat me REALLY deserved it after his amazing performance on the final 9 layout.

Also, had to win a playoff to secure my solo 3rd place finish which was intense as well but that one I got ;) He was a good sport for sure and played respectfully. It's what won me the basket muahaha

All in all.... Best weekend of my life! (p.s.- can you believe I shot a 991 rated round!)

Great job to EVERY ONE of the Cinci crew that went down! Especially Matt and Brandon... Let's be sure to F 'em up next year too 1stplace
finnhawc
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:03:39 AM

NatiBuckeye wrote:
..He is just way better than any young player has ever been in the PDGA.

Lmao, tell that to Steve Rico!  He is quite good though-( 700+?!) shocked
DanH
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:39:53 AM

blink
gw0904 wrote:
I was at BG as well and talked to a few people about Wiggins. Even when he plays open he doesn't take cash so as not to mess with his amateur status. He is trying to get a college scholarship and would not be eligible to play in college if he is a pro. He had pretty good competition at BG Ams, and I know of one local who was there that hung tough with him for most of the way (WTG Brandon!)

I'd be interested to hear what college is going to give a scholarship for disc golf blink .  It's not even an NCAA sport.  Looks like college play consists of a club team playing a few tournaments a year.   He's passing up a whole lot of pro money just to beat up on some amateurs.

But if he sticks with that plan, we can expect to see him win the next 7 Am Worlds I guess.  Will his rating jump to over 1000 before 2010 Worlds?  laugh

andersab
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 7:41:49 AM

DanH wrote:

I'd be interested to hear what college is going to give a scholarship for disc golf blink .  It's not even an NCAA sport.  

He may play other sports, and taking cash at a PDGA tourney would ruin what the NCAA calls "Amatuer status".  

Anyways, who cares!?  The only person who has a gripe are the people in Advanced that actually showed up and played.  The rest of you are just Chumps, Schmucks, and haters.
Madmike
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 9:05:20 AM

I talked to wiggins friday before the first round he has a baseball scholarship in NC hell the kid already has 8 years of golf under his belt his dad is the reason for his game pushing and pushing to be the best i like the kid he has a damn bright future ahead of him in this sport next CLIMO maybe we will see! and brad yes i am a chump/schmuck/hater but that all comes from that day in lexington i actually needed what happened in BG to calm my mindset i did have a blast i just let that get to me to much on field
nienaber
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 11:39:17 AM

that makes 100% sense that he can't take cash to preserve a baseball scholarship...i was very interested in what schools could offer scholarships to club sports...
i love being considered a bagger...it means i'm doing something right. it just sucks when you are on the middle/upper intermediate level and middle/lower advanced level we need a intermediadvanced division
schick
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 9:58:26 PM

nienaber wrote:
it just sucks when you are on the middle/upper intermediate level and middle/lower advanced level we need a intermediadvanced division

Just petition the PDGA, I am sure they will add another Am division....we only have about 20 now, what is one more? thumbsup
nienaber
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 8:41:51 AM

That's a good idea...maybe I can get an under 30 all forehand division.
osu_buckeyes
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:08:56 PM

Nice work down there Brandon, you tore it up!
StorminSteve
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 3:47:40 PM

If the club or association sets up a "smart account" you can recieve money and not ruin any chances of losing your am. status. Then you can use that money while in college for books etc. It happens in bowling every year, all the time .
andersab
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 4:55:11 PM

That's interesting... If you play pro baseball, then go back to play college ball, you just have to pay for your own schooling. No scholarship.
Tim Tim
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 7:49:24 PM

Either way... he's a bagger ;) lol
nienaber
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 7:11:00 PM

Yeah and if anyone knows bagging...Tim knows bagging
Madmike
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 8:22:33 PM

AMEN!!!!!!!