Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Wildcat Open Options
slg6218
Posted: Sunday, July 04, 2010 12:46:33 AM

Just wondering if anyone can compare the Pike Lake course to any of our Greater Cincinnati courses.  Was thinking of playing, but it is a long drive.
NKYgoalie
Posted: Sunday, July 04, 2010 2:10:06 PM

I cant really decide what course pike lake is most like around here, but it is an awesome wooded course with good elevation change. I really like how it plays, and is one of my favorites. Heres some photo's if you had not already seen some... http://www.dgcoursereview.com/gallery.php?id=58&mode=gal
finnhawc
Posted: Sunday, July 04, 2010 4:04:12 PM

It is not a long drive at all. Carpools are easy to get for this event-plenty of folks go from the area. The course is very cool with nice elevation. When it isn't raining, this is one of my favorite courses in Ohio. Well worth the drive if you like shooting in beautiful woods.
slg6218
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2010 5:22:09 PM

Drove out and played Pike Lake today. It is really a fun course with some unique holes. Not many long holes to speak of, and quite a few deucable holes. Especially liked the long dogleg right off the hill, #12 maybe, and the short one that uses the creek bed as its fairway, #15?. We went out US 50 and came back US41 to 32. The way back seemed quicker, although we did get slowed down because there was an Amish Produce Auction going on and we must have had to pass 2 dozen Amish wagons. We also made a short stop at the Amish store outside Bainbridge, which was cool. Have to say though, I was disappointed in the lake itself. It seemed more like Pike Pond.
finnhawc
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2010 5:51:55 PM

Lol, it is more like Goose poop pond- the beach was kinda greenish grey the last time we were there with the kids. I'm glad you went to play the course yourself as people can have drastic differences of opinion when it comes to liking a course. Have fun at the Wildcat Open!
JTM
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 9:19:39 AM

Only 36 spots left as of Sunday 7/25/2010 9:20am