Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Throw with a Glow Options
Fred Salaz
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 4:43:36 PM

Saturday night "The Nati Disc Gol" will be running a glow event at the Meadowood Golf course in Burlington. Address is 1911 Golf Club Drive, Burlington, Ky 41005.  Cost will be $10.00 per person to get on the golf course and  we  will have a random draw doubles for an additional $5.00 per person with a cash pay out to all winners.  The dug out cafe is next to the golf course and will have refreshments(alcohol and non alcoholic) available before, during and after the event.  Tee off will be aroung 10 and if you want to come early I will try to get permission to have a distance competetion.  We will have glow discs and "nite lites" available in case you don't have them.  They close at 2 AM so there will be lots of time for golf.  Sorry no golf carts.   Right now we just plan on having2 rounds of 9 holes for the doubles.
Bring the better half  and she(he) can hang out at the dug out listen to music, play pool, cornhole and other games or just enjoy the evening with other disc golf widows(ers).
More later.
shex44
Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2010 2:00:56 AM

This Saturday? 7/3? If so, I'm pissed I didn't know earlier, I would have gotten off work I live 1 minute away,
L_Stephens
Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2010 3:21:05 AM

I'm a little bummed as well...at the last minute I was told I must work a 7pm to 7am shift in Hebron...I'll be maybe 2 miles thru the woods from you guys and gals having fun. I guess I could tell them to stick it...but alas...I like making car payments....rent payments...utility payments....and my subscription fees to 'You Are Awesome' Magazine on time. This sounds like it will be a really fun and unique event.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2010 5:29:12 PM

It looks like a go for the distance competetion. If interested meet at the dug out cafe around 8. We will set up the course for practice before the distance competetion but no one will be allowed on until after the competetion. Distance competetion will be 1.longest air shot and 2.longest roller. Cost is $1.00 per person, per event. One division. So far we have enough baskets for 12 holes. If you have a basket bring it so that we can set up a full 18, preferrably ching or innova discatcher types(easy to carry). Hope to see you there.  Absolutely no cleats or golf shoes allowed on the golf course..  Flat bottom shoes only, hiking shoes are ok.
2Timer
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2010 11:31:06 PM

This looks like it will be a blast........helped Fred set the course up tonight.....lots of bomb shots and big rollers and even some over water!
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Sunday, July 04, 2010 1:53:01 AM

That was a blast... I hope they make that a regular event. I'd definitely be back to play it again.
cyrusf1
Posted: Sunday, July 04, 2010 2:33:25 PM

Good times. Cant wait till the next one!
nthomas
Posted: Sunday, July 04, 2010 9:57:29 PM

That was awesome! Good time fo shure
Fred Salaz
Posted: Monday, July 05, 2010 1:21:25 PM

Thanks to all that showed up. We ended up playing 11 holes and playing singles. Dave Cox won with a 1 down in the open and 3 tied for 2nd with even. TJ won the am division with an even. The impromptu distance competetion was won by Dave as well. He threw a roller well over 500 ft. It took a while to set up the course so we didn't have time to do a real distance competetion. Just watching the fireworks from a 360 degree angle was worth the entry fee to the course. Dollar beers didn't hurt either(delivered on a cart).
Linda, the owner of the dug out wants to do it again but it has to be on a Saturday nite. It works out best for her because Friday nites are too busy and work the next day for every other nite. I will post the next outing once I talk to her again.
If there is enough interest we will set up 18 holes next time.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:51:44 PM

Saturday night August 21, "The Nati Disc Gol" will be running a glow event at the Meadowood Golf course in Burlington. Address is 1911 Golf Club Drive, Burlington, Ky 41005. Cost will be $10.00 per person to get on the golf course and we will have a random draw doubles for an additional $5.00 per person with a cash pay out to all winners. The dug out cafe is next to the golf course and will have refreshments(alcohol and non alcoholic) available before, during and after the event. Tee off will be at dark and if you want to come early I will try to get permission to have a distance competetion. We will have glow discs and "nite lites" available in case you don't have them. They close at 2 AM so there will be lots of time for golf. Right now we just plan on having 2 rounds of 9 holes for the doubles.
Bring the better half and she(he) can hang out at the dug out listen to music(live band), play pool, cornhole and other games or just enjoy the evening with other disc golf widows(ers).
Fred Salaz
Posted: Friday, August 20, 2010 3:37:46 PM

Just a reminder about the glow thing on Saturday nite. Distance competetion will start at 8 PM and will cost $5.00 for 5 throws. Pay cash to top 2 if more than 5 throwers, 1 if less than 5. Pro and Am divisions both divisions get cash. Disc golf will be around 9ish. Course will be set up by 8 if you don't want to watch or compete in the distance competetion.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2010 3:33:19 PM

We are still on for tonight.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2010 3:37:21 PM

39.026185,-84.700856 google map those coords
Fred Salaz
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2010 2:26:34 PM

18 people showed up. Double D(D Cox and the other Dave Wright) team won with a 6 down. No distance competetion. Course played long, it didn't seem that long during the day. Got rained on for a couple of holes. A huk/lab umbrella was turned in, pick up at the nati pro shop. Can't beat the $1.00 draft beers at the Dug Out Cafe.
L_Stephens
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2010 8:02:33 PM

Red/white umbrella is mine...and yes..the course played very long.