Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

BLACK FRIDAY BYOP DOUBLES Options
Jay Dub
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 7:27:40 PM

I could have played a lot better but had a good time at Cabin Creek today. Midge and Bill are looking good and getting the course cleared out more each time I go there.
After you got past 1 and 2 the wind was blocked for the most part and wasn't that cold. Sun was out all day, the creek was full but the ground wasn't muddy.
You put a good event on, Sean. Keep up the good work. ;)

Also, if anyone gets the chance to play this, call ahead of time to make sure it's open and pay the $5, or whatever it is. It needs a course map. There are no tee signs and I think some people got lost today.
TX Hemi
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 10:43:23 PM

Thanks Sean for putting it together I had a blast. The Erkenbreckers were great host enjoyed meeting them.
pcaldwell
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2010 7:54:08 PM

I forgot how nice the course is/was. The paintball obstacles really only detracted from one hole (9) and added something to most of the others. It was good to hear Midge say that they are planning on hosting play on the course possibly one day per week next year. It sounded like they got things ironed out with the insurance company. Reminder- if you want to inquire about playing the course, call Midge or Bill. Midge said "Don't call the Cabin Creek Paintball number because Scott and Judy hate disc golf and won't let you play." Apparently, paint ball pays well.
Again, it was great to see the course. I was really surprised to see how some of the holes have changed. #1 is something, with the little pine trees now monstrous. A couple hours of light trimming would put the course back on track. #18 was pretty silly, though, with the trees so grown up the only shot is a tight hyzer over the steps. Thanks to PJ Eilerman who came out of retirement to putt his way to our 2nd place finish. I was impressed to see 18 open teams. Thanks for running the event, Dayton.
cali
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2010 10:52:51 PM

Loved the course. I had a ton of fun on it. I was very impressed that we had absolutely NO mud to deal with even after all that rain! The paintball stuff on the fairways just make the course more challenging and super fun. The un-popped paintballs and falling walnuts were a bit of a pain but nothing too horrible. Both cards we were paired with some pretty chill guys, thanks to you guys for adding to the fun of the day!