Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Anyone Play Ultimate? Options
Lingo1976
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 1:53:13 PM

Anyone play Ultimate? I have a friend that is looking for some help a Cub Scout den in getting their "Ultimate" badge. Let me know and I will have them get in contact with you. Shoot me a PM if you would like to help out.
Thanks Jason
Phil Miller
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2011 10:52:23 AM

There used to be a group that met at Lunken Airport every Thursday to play. Not sure if that's still happening or not.
perica
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2011 11:05:10 AM

andersab
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2011 4:50:26 PM

Thursday's meet at Otto Armleder Memorial Park... but its too early for them. Probably not until April (only if its warm).
Phil Miller
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2011 7:52:20 PM

I think Sundays at Winton are going on right now as well.
robglover
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2011 3:30:34 PM

My wife heard about this.

SPRING 2011 JUNIOR ULTIMATE FRISBEE LEAGUE

When:  Fridays, March 25-May 27 (no games on 4/22 or 5/20), 4:00-5:30 p.m.

Where:  Sem Villa Fields (on South Milford Road in Milford)
Map Quest search address:  Sem Haven, 225 Cleveland Ave., Milford, OH  45150.  Fields are just south of Sem Haven on Cleveland Ave.

Who:    Children ages 8-13 (must be eight years old by 3/18/11; must turn fourteen after 5/27/11)

What:    This will be our thirteenth season of Junior Ultimate.  The children will be assigned to teams.  Each team will be coached by an experienced high school player.
Each week will have two parts:  the first part will consist of 30-45 minutes of practice, drills, and conditioning, and the second part will consist of teams playing games against one another.  We will have a tournament on our final day.
Continued this spring:   We will have separate boys’ and girls’ teams.  This model provides more playing time and on-field participation for the girls.

Cost:     $15 per player.  Cost covers shirts for each player, shirts for coaches, and year-end gifts for coaches.  Thanks to insurance coverage by CUPA (Cincinnati Ultimate Players Association), we are able to keep the cost low. 

To Register:
Return the following information by March 8. 
1.      Completed Junior Ultimate Registration Form.
2.      Checks payable to “Dan Teller”:  $15.00 per player.
3.      CUPA Waiver and Release of Liability Form (with parent signature)
4.      Medical Authorization Form

Registration notes:
1.      The Waiver and Medical Authorization Forms must be downloaded from the CUPA (Cincinnati Ultimate Players Association) website, www.cincyultimate.org.  (Go to “Youth Ultimate”, then to “Youth Ultimate Cincinnati 2011).
Both forms are required before any child can participate.
·         Waiver link:  http://cincyultimate.org/upload/YUC%202011%20Waiver%20and%20Registration.pdf
·         Medical link: http://cincyultimate.org/upload/CUPA%20Medical%20Authorization%20Form%202011.pdf
2.      Do not pay the $20.00 fee to CUPA indicated on the Waiver form.  Pay only $15.00 per player, with checks payable to “Dan Teller.”
pcaldwell
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 9:24:01 PM

Our weekly ultimate pick-up game will kick off it's 17th season on Thursday March 24th, at Armleder Park, at 6:00 p.m. We'll be there every Thursday until middle of October. All are welcome - we have a wide variety of skills represented, we adjust teams to allow good matchups. Come out and work off some of that winter-gut and get a head start on some fitness. Don't worry if you're not in great shape - no one is this time of year and we usually have plenty of subs to give a breather. There's no better way to improve your disc golf approach shots than throwing a lid. We play on the field by the shelter. Armleder Park is on the North side of the Beechmont Levee, off of Wilmer Rd. Driveway is next to US Bank building.
902boland
Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 11:17:52 PM

Hi Pete, hope all is well. When did you fellas move from Lunken park? I now live a frisbee throw away from there. I'm out of school the first week of April. looking forward to getting rid of this weight!! I'm sure Ard will be there as well...
pcaldwell
Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 11:32:43 PM

We moved over to Armleder Park 2 years ago, when the Cincy Rec Kickball league took our field, plus the field is top-notch at Armleder. Ard does show up now and then. Hope to see you out there.