Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

DG Road Trip suggestions Options
starfire612
Posted: Friday, April 01, 2011 9:37:02 PM

A friend and I are looking to plan a disc golf/booze road trip during the month of May.  Live in Cincinnati, want to travel somewhere and just throw our arms off.  Checking out the area around http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=468 (Flip City course, Michigan).   Besides this, does anyone have other suggestions of concentrated areas of courses within a 8-10 hour drive from cincinnati?
Jay Dub
Posted: Saturday, April 02, 2011 9:02:31 AM

Go to the International Disc Golf course by Augusta Ga. 10 hour drive, you stand in the parking lot and look at three first tees of three champion style courses....and you will throw your arm off. One course is 9000' long. I've also been told there are a few more good courses closer to town. I played there this year and loved it.
It's also the PDGA HQ, Hall Of fame (See Fred's name on the wall) and a cool place to hang out.
surgediscgolf
Posted: Saturday, April 02, 2011 1:01:12 PM

I strongly suggest Charlotte, North Carolina, about 8 hours away. We went there with a group of five and had a great time. A bunch of courses in relative proximity. http://www.charlottedgc.com/category/courses/ Rock Hill is only about 1/2 hour away and you can play Winthrop and definitely throw your arm off... ...even visit Innova.
perica
Posted: Sunday, April 03, 2011 10:38:59 AM

A ten hour radius really gives you a ton of options that would include the following ...

Pittsburgh
Rochester
Madison
DC area
St. Louis
Kansas City
Charlotte
Toronto
Peoria
Raleigh
Allentown
Augusta
Tons of places in Michigan

Hope I didn't make the choice too hard for you :)
shex44
Posted: Monday, April 04, 2011 2:12:53 AM

I just got back from Kansas City and it was phenomenal. I played 5 courses in three days, and every one of them were better than the courses around here. Waterworks, Blue Valley, and Rosedale were unreal. About 8 hours away.