Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

June 13th 2011 Club Meeting Options
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 2:49:41 PM

We are tentatively scheduling this months meeting at Quaker Steak and Lube on Colerain ave.
Date : Monday  June 13th
Time: 6:30pm.
AdamJ
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2011 5:28:02 PM

All is good for this Mondays meeting. directions are above.
T_Vincent
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2011 12:33:44 PM

Just a reminder, meeting is tonight. We will be going over the rest of the new club constitution.
agentdozzer
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:43:45 PM

Did not get back in town til late last night, anybody care to give me a run down of the meeting. When I click on minutes nothing appears.
T_Vincent
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 6:35:12 PM

I have not posted the minutes yet for last night. I will get them up for you.
Erik
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 12:33:49 PM

agentdozzer wrote:
Did not get back in town til late last night, anybody care to give me a run down of the meeting. When I click on minutes nothing appears.

+1 on the same issue.  I have  planned for the 2nd monday of the month, and it is pushed back a week or two.  Then this time, it is the oposite. There is no word on the until last minute and it actually works out to be the end Monday.  Having more than a few days notice before a meeting would be nice.

What is preventing setting the meeting time and location at the previous meeting 2 months in advance?  Not everyone checks the forums everyday.  At our league party last week serveral people said they never check the forums to begin with and just go by word of mouth.  It takes longer than a few days to spread the word...

Just a suggestion.
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 4:20:17 AM

I had posted the site and directions just over a week in advance due to other circumstances. If someone does not take responsibility to check the website and forums to educate themselves of whats is going on with the DG community that is their fault, word of mouth issue to me is just laziness. We figure out the next meeting place after the meetings between the officers and any "active" club members. If you truly care about this sport, our courses, and all we try to do as a club then you would be at every meeting, check the web page daily and get involved as much as possible. I know of only a few people that fit in that category and I can only hope for more.
perica
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:47:55 AM

Erik wrote:

There is no word on the until last minute and it actually works out to be the end Monday.  Having more than a few days notice before a meeting would be nice.

Sorry dude, but I think 6 notice days is ample time.
Erik
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 11:54:44 AM

Dude…  You need to lighten up a bit on the forums.  First, you did not post the info over a week in advance.  It was 6 days you posted a tentative plan.  You confirmed the plan on Saturday, 2 days before the meeting.

Then, by saying:

AdamJ wrote:
If you truly care about this sport, our courses, and all we try to do as a club then you would be at every meeting, check the web page daily.

Keep in mind,  I was the one who noticed there was nothing about the meeting posted on the website and sent you and Drew a note asking what was going on.  I was trying my best to make it back in time for the meeting, this was the first meeting I have missed in over a year…  Unfortunately my grandfather died and I wound up taking off several days to move my grandmother to Cincinnati over the long weekend. To further complicate the matter, my pregnant sister also came along who needed to stop ever 1- 1 ½ hours to use the bathroom on our return trip.  So the trip from Cassville Missouri (6 hours out from St. Louis.)  which normally takes about 10.5 hours turned into a 14.5 hour nightmare.  But my situation is not really the issue here, but I definitely see where the others are coming from.  There are MANY people who said they were missing the meeting due to conflicts and lack of information.  You are quick to place the blame for others for “not checking the website” or “not coming to the meetings.”  Making the assumption that all the disc golfers check this website is an asinine thing to say.  There are MANY disc golfers who don’t even own a computer nor have an internet connection.  Not everyone has a smart phone and is linked into the “world wide web” 24/7…  Then you have the people who have busy jobs, families, or other obligations who don’t have spare time to begin with.  To make it to the meetings they need time to plan in advance.  It is funny you call people lazy for not being able to check the forums daily and not attending meeting.  People could be busy doing other things…  In actuality YOU are being LAZY for not scheduling meeting in advance.  Don’t make the assumption that this short notice BS that works for you works for everyone else…

My post was intended to be a suggestion, not for you to return flaming at me and others who can’t attend last minute meetings.

2Timer
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 2:09:08 PM

Erik has some good points.

agentdozzer
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 2:53:55 PM

Erik you know as well as the rest of us that we could have the meeting's scheduled for a year in advance with it posted at every course and the attendence would be the same. I just wanted a run down of the meeting and all the sudden this thread is like baby momma drama chill out everyone.
2Timer
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:07:54 PM

I don't think your post had anything to do with what was posted after.
Erik
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:29:04 PM

agentdozzer wrote:
Erik you know as well as the rest of us that we could have the meeting's scheduled for a year in advance with it posted at every course and the attendance would be the same. I just wanted a run down of the meeting and all the sudden this thread is like baby momma drama chill out everyone.

Jeff, you could be right.  These people could be all talk and finding excuses for not coming to meetings.  But the fact of the matter is people are complaining about the short notices and changes.  It does not cost anything extra to plan ahead.  If anything it allows people to save money by sourcing coupons and setting up carpools.   We post the CCS schedule in advance for a reason, so people can plan ahead.  So why not be proactive and plan these ahead of time as well.

AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 7:03:09 PM

Walk a mile in my shoes .....
L_Stephens
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 9:57:58 PM

I did and my feet stank for 2 weeks :)

I think you guys are doing a great job...and if I didn't work every other Mondays and Tuesdays...I'd probably make more meetings.
Erik
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 8:27:00 AM

AdamJ wrote:
Walk a mile in my shoes .....

I might have a few more blisters, but the facts would still be the same.  Please note, I am not asking you to do more work as we all know you put in a lot of time and effort into these courses.  If planning the meetings in advance is an issue for you guys I would be happy to take the responsibility for posting the details and handling reserving the location.

AdamJ
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 5:42:51 AM

Thanks Erik, It is still my responsibility as VP to which I have no trouble doing, yet when others are arranging and communicating with the next location I was holding off posting till we knew more certainly if we would be at that location. My previous post was not intended to be an attack on you personally bud, that was for all those that make excuses why they can't simply look here for all the info. If people aren't going to check the Club website to find out what is going on locally then why do we need one or why do I waste hundreds of hours at my PC when I could be out playing or working before this sport bankrupts me. Any who, I care about all we do and maybe I should not post that early in the morning, coffee may have something to do with it. If your up for it i do have some things I need to delegate to others which would greatly help me and the club, I will try and call ya in the next couple of days.

The next Club meeting will be August 8th with location TBD. I plan on having another before that in July to focus on our upcoming Global tournament and other time sensitive work. I am thinking about July 11th at Mt.Airy, meet at the Nati Pro shop, start around 6pm.
topherb
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 12:46:11 PM

I don't attend the meetings because of the day and time they are held!